Spyder Garage

Default Spring disloaged in trottle

UGH I completed putting my foam covers on my 2014 Spyder RT. Apparently I dislodged the spring in the trottle Tried to put bike back in garage and it froze up. I guess no riding for me this week-end. Is there an easy fix--I am not terribly adapt at taking things apart

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
    UGH I completed putting my foam covers on my 2014 Spyder RT. Apparently I dislodged the spring in the trottle Tried to put bike back in garage and it froze up. I guess no riding for me this week-end. Is there an easy fix--I am not terribly adapt at taking things apart
    Maybe you could describe the symptoms more fully. Installing foam grip covers should not impact the throttle return spring necessarily.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Why do you think it was / is the throttle spring ???? …. I have a 2014 RT and I actually removed the spring in the throttle so it is easier and less fatiguing ….. Even if yours is dis-lodged it should still work …. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are they not Throttle by wire?

Spyder Garage

Sorry--More info. After I had put the foam grips on, I was installilng the LidLox. When I did the throttle side, the spring was falling out.

Spyder Garage

Mike hopefully not to sound ignorant, where exactly is the spring located? i, too find it tiring during a longer ride and have wondered about reducing the tension or removing, only problem is not knowing where it's located. thank you for you helpful information on the spyders

Spyder Garage

Sorry--More info. After I had put the foam grips on, I was installilng the LidLox. When I did the throttle side, the spring was falling out.
    Are you talking about the spring inside the LidLox mechanism?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whitedog43 View Post
    Mike hopefully not to sound ignorant, where exactly is the spring located? i, too find it tiring during a longer ride and have wondered about reducing the tension or removing, only problem is not knowing where it's located. thank you for you helpful information on the spyders
    PM sent ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    Are you talking about the spring inside the LidLox mechanism?
    I thought the same thing, Revalden, because I can vaguely remember a spring hitting the ground when I installed my Lidlox. But when I just ducked out and removed one of them to see if my memory was correct, I couldn’t find a spring, so I gave up

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I don't have LidLox or the foam grip covers, so this is only a guess. Is it possible that something in the LidLox was screwed in too tight and is preventing the throttle from rotating?

Quote Originally Posted by whitedog43 View Post
    To take pressure off my wrist when the cruise control isn't appropriate of safe there are a few product out there. I have used a narrow style Crampbuster on my Bonneville, and an original style Throttle Rocker (the version without velcro) on the Harley I had. I have a wide style Crampbuster on the Gold wing trike. Both brands of products do a good job of relieving the pressure and grip needed to keep the throttle on. There is a "improved" version of the Throttle Rocker that is held on by velcro instead of the tightness of the plastic looping around the grip. At one time the Throttle Rocker people did this to get around patent infringement of the Crampbuster, but it is back on the market. Curious thing is that if you go to either the Throttle Rocker or the Crampbuster website over on the top right there is a link to the competing product. Must be owned by the same company now. Here is a link to the Throttle Rocker, you'll notice a clickable Crampbuster logo on the upper right. https://www.throttlerocker.com/

There was a thread "Crampbuster or Throttle Rocker" a while ago on SpyderLovers, here a link to it. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hrottle-Rocker
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Phyliss's issue has been solved …. She PM'd me …. She also removed the spring assembly at the end of the hand grip to lessen the tension ….. Mike