Spyder Garage

Default Rosenau Powersports -Detroit extremely high fees

I was on cycletrader and noticed Rosenau Powersports is selling a new 2018 F3S for $14,999 so I called them and they quoted me at $18,348 out the door which means they're charging $2,449 in fees. That's pretty steep, right?

Spyder Garage

Mich sales tax is 6%, not sure about your state. Many dealers do not include the $600 freight on their website, so prob add that and some sort of doc fee. Still sounds a bit steep...

Spyder Garage

I would suggest to have them break down what all the extra charges are exactly. Then you could really tell if they are a bit steep or not. I am sure they could tell you exactly what and how much each charge is for.

Every dealer around me advertises a price, but the actual price when you go in is completely different. Taxes, title, license, freight, & set up fees are pretty much what the extras include. Some dealerships in my area say they don't charge any freight or set up fees, but then they get you with some sort of doc fee for all the paperwork they have to do for the sale, so they still are getting the money for freight and set up they just call it something different.

I used to complain, and not understand why places charge setup fees. I started selling large riding mowers, & and zero turn mowers at my dealership, and found out just how long it takes to get it out of a crate and setup for delivery. Its jaw dropping how long it takes, some models take longer than others of coarse. There is even time people don't think about unloading them from the semi when they 1st arrive.

Spyder Garage

Yes seems high I bought mine in KS in April for $15,250 after freight and set-up . plus sales tax new 2018 f3s se6

Spyder Garage

About six years ago I was in at Rosendahl Powersports I think the shop rate on motorcyclesthen was $90 per hour and on spiders they charge 130 $40 more an hour because they said there’s more time it takes to strip down all the Tupperware to get to engine components? go by the hour anyway gouging spyder customers !
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrown View Post
    I was on cycletrader and noticed Rosenau Powersports is selling a new 2018 F3S for $14,999 so I called them and they quoted me at $18,348 out the door which means they're charging $2,449 in fees. That's pretty steep, right?
    Well 6% sales tax would be $900.00, and yes I would say $1,549.00 in fees is heavy.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, Rosenau is high, and not necessarily good with repairs. If you are looking to buy, I recommend I Motorsports, near Chicago. Best of luck.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

In Canada if you see a sale price take a picture ,make sure what is included .The dealer has to honor ,the sale price and no hidden fees.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Imotorsports or Neilsons in the Chicago area

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's almost 4K more than advertised, that smells of bait and switch.