Spyder Garage

Default 2019 F3 Limited handwarmers

As an avid snowmobiler my handwarmers get very hot and I usually have calluses and blisters on my hands at the end of March snowmobile season from running them all the time in cold weather!! on the spyder these handwarmers are very lackluster and are barely keeping up in 50° weather I test drove some Yamaha‘s a few weeks ago and they're handwarmers have three settings on them and get stupid hot which is a nice problem to have! Very disappointed with the handwarmers on the spiders as BRP is the worlds largest snowmobile manufacturer and there handwarmers on their sleds also get stupid hot! just a little disappointed this is a high ticket item and you should be able to get the warmers as hot as you would like what’s your thoughts on the handwarmers I’m sure they work fine down in Georgia but not here in Canada !!!🇨🇦
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

They suck!!!
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

They were pretty good on the RT but those have better hand protection anyway. I opted for heated gloves since I had experienced the less than hot F3T grips.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

The heated grips on my 2019 F3 Ltd suck. In 50 degree weather they're almost useless. They're either on or off, no adjustments, just one setting, barely warm
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Having heard many complaints about the F3 heated grips, I decided to stick with heated gloves/glove liners. The only problem with them is that I have to remember to put them in the trunk...
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

So I’m not The only one complaining about this!!! hey Spyderman are you the gal the ride for 100,000 miles in three years on your RT I tell everybody if that was you a testament of the dependability of these three cylinder 1330 motors ??!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    So I’m not The only one complaining about this!!! hey Spyderman are you the gal the ride for 100,000 miles in three years on your RT I tell everybody if that was you a testament of the dependability of these three cylinder 1330 motors ??!
    Doesn't that spell check suck sometimes. Yes it's SpyderAnn.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi all, same problem om my 18 F3 L Made in canada as well, someone told me it gets cold there.

I Just ordered a set of hand guards for mine, the off road type ones, couldn't find any specifically for my bike, i m sure its been mentioned before but i'm sure it'll help.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Hi all, same problem om my 18 F3 L Made in canada as well, someone told me it gets cold there.

I Just ordered a set of hand guards for mine, the off road type ones, couldn't find any specifically for my bike, i m sure its been mentioned before but i'm sure it'll help.

I can’t remember what rally we were at but someone did that and they bought Can-Am handguards, it looked great.

If any of you have an F4 Customs Windshield you should check out their wings, I added them on my F3T and they really make a difference, my hands were much warmer and even stayed drier in rain.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Agree SpyderAnn, much warmer and drier. I'm kinda relying on the dealer to source items for me at the moment and he says there isn't any for my model, anyway, maybe i'll sack him.

Do you need to keep dry in Las Vegas, though it never rained there or was that SC!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also am dissatisfied with the heated grips on my F3T. The ones on the RT have 2 settings and are much better. I would say that the ones on the F3T are about equal (at best) to the ones on the RT at their lowest setting. I think I might be doing an upgrade to the handguards as well. Thanks for the idea.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Spyderann i want to talk to you more about all these miles you’re putting on your RT you Musta had a heckuva time trying to sell it I had 51,000 miles on my RSS and nobody wanted to touch it I finally found the dealers that would give me a decent trade-in value! If my hands get cold I’ll just break out my snowmobile gloves! Did have the surcharge on the limited model you think the grips would be the premium top of the line