Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

To properly align the beam pattern with LED bulbs you my need to rotate the bulb. The goal is for the horizontal beam pattern to be such that the light moves only straight up and down when toggled between High and Low.

Spyder Garage

I just installed a pair of the Beamtech's on my 900. I had to loosen the top 2 bolts holding the headlamp assembly in place to be able to wiggle the bulb into the socket. No modifying of any pieces to install them. Will give them a workout this weekend!

Also ran a usb cord into the glove box and routed it up the left side of the handlebar to power the cell phone.
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

I bought a set of headlight and foglight LEDs from Lamonster Garage several years ago.
    I'm very happy with them.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...mbo-lamonster/

I'm surprised no one else has suggested them first.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

It has been suggested. But we're talking Ryker's here, not Spyders.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I bought a set of headlight and foglight LEDs from Lamonster Garage several years ago.
    I'm very happy with them.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...mbo-lamonster/

I'm surprised no one else has suggested them first.
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer View Post
    Can you be sure ???? The OP has photos of an RT in both his signature and his post ??
    And Lamont sells LEDs for Rykers as well.
    Geez. ANother one I have to put on the ignore list. This is getting real tiresome.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Can you be sure ???? The OP has photos of an RT in both his signature and his post ??
    And Lamont sells LEDs for Rykers as well.
    Geez. ANother one I have to put on the ignore list. This is getting real tiresome.
    You're putting someone on the ignore list for that?
    I suggest you step back and consider the real reason for having so many people on your ignore list.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer View Post
    And for the record, Lamonster does sell LEDs for the ryker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    You're putting someone on the ignore list for that?
    I suggest you step back and consider the real reason for having so many people on your ignore list.
    You're probably right.
    There's been a spate of flame wars here recently.
    I may be too touchy.
    Still, I prefer to stick to the technical aspects when asked a technical question.
    People passing personal judgement outside of the "Off Topic" forum just gets my goat.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Take it easy everyone. No reason for ignoring anyone.....I do have an RT in my avatar/signature, but this is a Ryker Shop Talk section and topic about LEDs for my wife's Ryker. Its all good. I ordered LED's on Amazon and saved a bunch of money, and very happy with them in the Ryker
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Take it easy everyone. No reason for ignoring anyone.....I do have an RT in my avatar/signature, but this is a Ryker Shop Talk section and topic about LEDs for my wife's Ryker. Its all good. I ordered LED's on Amazon and saved a bunch of money, and very happy with them in the Ryker
    Enjoy them while they last. When the burn out (and they most likely will) suggest going with the ones from Lamont. There is a reason they are more expensive with the power supplies in the lines to protect the LED elements from the electrical noise and voltages on the Ryker/Spyder. Most conventional LED replacements do not hold up well in this service.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Enjoy them while they last. When the burn out (and they most likely will) suggest going with the ones from Lamont. There is a reason they are more expensive with the power supplies in the lines to protect the LED elements from the electrical noise and voltages on the Ryker/Spyder. Most conventional LED replacements do not hold up well in this service.
    So, by this you're saying that Lamont makes his own LED bulbs...? Not likely. It is likely that he purchases them from someone and re-sells them....much like many other businesses do. That's fine by me, after all he's gotta make money. I didn't specify how much I spent, nor the brand that I bought. So why assume that I don't have the same bulbs that Lamont sells? Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff that Lamont designs and sells on his own, but I don't see him and Jacob and Joan sitting in the shop making LED bulbs.....It's all good....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

He has them made to spec for Spyders. They are custom manufactured for Lamonster Garage, not purchased and resold. The charging voltage on the Spyders is considerably higher than most automobiles, near 15 volts at times. Has caused a good deal of trouble for a number of LED products. Then there is the fan that does not hold up well in the Spyder installations.

No, his are not the same as the ones you bought on Amazon and why I highly recommend fit for purpose units. They are not that much more than the quality generics.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

My BeamTech H4 LED's bought off of Amazon have no fan and last I heard we were talking about Ryker's not Spyder's

Spyder Garage

Ryker or Spyder, do you really believe one is easier on the lamps than the other? Use whatever you want. I was just recommending a high quality product that has a long and known track record in these bikes as they were designed for the specific application. If you hare happy with generics then fine. Some folks value their time, especially if they are paying a tech to install them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I guess if I had the cash to have someone else add accessories to my Ryker I guess I would have the cash for the better LED's. But I'm a frugal guy and would rather work on my own stuff than pay someone to do it. After all, that's how I justify the work shop full of tools to my wife. No way in hell would I pay someone to install headlights. After the sway bar install, I might pay for that labor next time. What a pain in the pootsky that was.

Spyder Garage

I just received a set of Beamtech LEDs from Amazon, which has been recommended earlier on here and I have one question. It's probably something simple that I should know, but getting within weeks of '70yrs I find myself puzzling over things that I used to grasp easily. What is the difference between the S1-H4(HXR) and the S1-H4(VHS)? Mine are HXR and the ones used on Youtube by one person has the VHS on the label. Does it have something to do with the color or watts? Sorry if this seems kind of lame, but I though it might be good to know BEFORE I install them.
    I am also getting ready to replace my handlbar and grips, but that is for another thread.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    I just received a set of Beamtech LEDs from Amazon, which has been recommended earlier on here and I have one question. It's probably something simple that I should know, but getting within weeks of '70yrs I find myself puzzling over things that I used to grasp easily. What is the difference between the S1-H4(HXR) and the S1-H4(VHS)? Mine are HXR and the ones used on Youtube by one person has the VHS on the label. Does it have something to do with the color or watts? Sorry if this seems kind of lame, but I though it might be good to know BEFORE I install them.
    I am also getting ready to replace my handlbar and grips, but that is for another thread.
    I'm not sure about the letters but I got mine from Amazon about 4 months ago and love them. Still haven't made up my mind whether they are actually brighter than my original halogens or the white light they put out just makes everything look brighter. Any rate, install them and enjoy.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I installed the Beamtech H4's and I have to tell you that it became a bit more involved than I thought it would be. The base on the Beamtech H4 is wider and the rubber boot becomes a bit more cumbersome in the tight area behind the headlights. I ended up having to remove the headlights to install the new bulbs. I still think that I may have to go back and see if I got the right ring locked completely. The light seems to project a bit off on the right. I won't be driving much at night, but I still think the whiter lights of LEDs looks better, whether or not it produces more light than the OEM bulbs. These bulbs do NOT have the rear fan on them, and I like that aspect. I do not see how the ones with the fans would work very well with that large bulky rubber boot covering the base of the bulb. Seems like it would defeat the purpose of the cooling fan to cover it.