Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RTL with 660 GPS mount need a GPS

Bought a 2013 RTL that has the GPS mount on it but no GPS. Looking for a GPS I can plug and play with this set-up. What are my options?
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    Bought a 2013 RTL that has the GPS mount on it but no GPS. Looking for a GPS I can plug and play with this set-up. What are my options?
    Get on Ebay and find either a Garmin Zumo 660, or a Garmin Zumo 665 if you want the XM capabilities.
    Jaap Kroes
    Ham Radio Call Sign KR0ES
    2014 Pearl White RTS SE5
    2010 RTS - SM5 , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

My understanding is the 665 will not fit, different pin out at the handlebars. Good luck.
    Bob, k7xi. 2013 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    I have the Garmin Zumo that came with my 2012 RT Ltd. that I traded back in October. I also have the carrying case for it. If you are interested, you can PM me with an offer.

Spyder Garage

Does any one know for sure that the 2012 Garmin 660 is plug compatable with the mount that comes on the 2013? Is there a place I can go to find out?
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

The 660 mount should be powered and is likely already wired into the Spyder. So all you need is the 660 Zumo GPS head unit and attache it to the mount. I am using the 590 that I switch between my bikes, but like the options of that unit and didn't feel the need to upgrade. Hope you like the Zumo. I have been using them since introduced way back in 2007.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy1 View Post
    The 660 mount should be powered and is likely already wired into the Spyder. So all you need is the 660 Zumo GPS head unit and attache it to the mount. I am using the 590 that I switch between my bikes, but like the options of that unit and didn't feel the need to upgrade. Hope you like the Zumo. I have been using them since introduced way back in 2007.
    Where does one find the mount if it is wired in??? I just got a 2018 and it looks pretty bare, unless the mount is under some of the fiberglass....

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Spyder Garage

I don't believe it is wired into the 2018 RTs because you now have the BRP Connect,

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer