Spyder Garage

Default Help!! Need clear vinyl can am 622 trailer side rock guard

Here's my dilemma . I have a 622 can am trailer. In April while I was traveling in Arizona, pulling my 622 trailer and stopped at a gas station, a man in a pickup that was using the pump behind me pulled forward and hit the back corner of my trailer. He did accept all fault so we exchanged information and I went on my way. Back home with insurance company involved found a great auto body place to repair my trailer. The trailer is all repainted but neither he nor I can find the clear vinyl rock guard decals that go on the sides of the trailer. There is a company (Wheelspro) that had them listed but they no longer carry them. I can not find a parts catalog for the 622 trailer other than on the Wheelspro website. Does BRP have a parts catalog for the 622? I have searched and cannot find one on their website. I really would love to have the rock guards on because of rock chips from traveling.

Also, if anyone else has any suggestions as to how I can find someone who can make me a rock guard for the sides of the trailer. I found a place close to where I live but the sell the vinyl by the inch and they won'f fabricate it for you or install it. I am going on a 3 week trip starting next week but the auto body man said not to put anything on the fresh paint for at least a couple of weeks. Just need to find some place that will make them to fit or find the original BRP side rock guard decals.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have seen that product on E-bay …. clear , colored, textured or smooth …… Mike

Spyder Garage
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Nope. That's what the auto body guy ordered and they sent him a text telling him they did not carry this anymore.
    This part has been discontinued by the manufacturer or is no longer available.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:51 PM.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have seen that product on E-bay …. clear , colored, textured or smooth …… Mike
    Also on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Clear-...rr-spons&psc=1
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

My bad, you said that in your original post. There is a local window tint company in my area that does that “diamond coating” as they call it. I was planning to take our trailer over and get an estimate. The other place I have seen that, is at rv repair centers. Apparently many of the higher end rv’s also have that as a front end protectant.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

Mike, you seem to always come up with the right answer to most of my questions.

But I have looked all over ebay for the vinyl protectors and came up with a bunch of wraps for Spyders and the freedom trailer, but no vinyl protectors. If you find them again, would you please post a link to them. I would forever grateful. Maybe I could buy you dinner if our paths were to cross.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

My bad, you said that in your original post. There is a local window tint company in my area that does that “diamond coating” as they call it. I was planning to take our trailer over and get an estimate. The other place I have seen that, is at rv repair centers. Apparently many of the higher end rv’s also have that as a front end protectant.
    I have. They sell a vinyl product by the inch. They will not fabricate it for you and they will not install it. The side protected area has curves in it and that is why the auto body man said it would be easier if I could find the replacement decals. I live in a rural town and the closest big city is over 100 miles away. If I can't find it on the internet then I may have to spend a lot of money for a spray on stuff.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chiisai View Post
    I have. They sell a vinyl product by the inch. They will not fabricate it for you and they will not install it. The side protected area has curves in it and that is why the auto body man said it would be easier if I could find the replacement decals. I live in a rural town and the closest big city is over 100 miles away. If I can't find it on the internet then I may have to spend a lot of money for a spray on stuff.
    The correct product is sold as a flat sheet but follows curves very well when heated with a hot-air gun. It's designed as a vinyl wrap for vehicles. It's the stuff you see on buses, etc with advertising on it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:52 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I've looked at that stuff and even the black tape stuff for rock proofing pickup truck doors. The issue is that it is not "moldable". The trailer sides are curved and the tape stuff is straight, it will not fit smooth on a curved body. I mentioned that to the auto body man and he said it would not mold to the sides because the tape is flat and straight.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:52 PM.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've looked at that stuff and even the black tape stuff for rock proofing pickup truck doors. The issue is that it is not "moldable". The trailer sides are curved and the tape stuff is straight, it will not fit smooth on a curved body. I mentioned that to the auto body man and he said it would not mold to the sides because the tape is flat and straight.
    Believe what you want. I'm telling you that if you get the vinyl wrap, whether it's in a sheet or wide tape, it will conform to the curves just fine with the application of a little heat.

Either the body shop doesn't understand what you're asking for, or they don't do body wraps (which is typical). Find a body wrap shop.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

For what it’s worth, I had my white 622 repainted 2 years ago and did not add the clear wrap. It’s held up very well, couple thousand miles on it. My thought is to have the bed liner material applied at a later date if it starts to chip.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The auto body shop that I used for repairs does not do body wraps. I just went to pick up my trailer from his shop. He says that even the spray on protector, such as truck bedliners, looks like crap on a shiny painted body. They do have tints but he said it just looks crappy and takes away from your trailers design and color. So I am still looking for something that will work and I may not find it for several weeks. I am leaving on a 3 week trip next week.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

For what it’s worth, I had my white 622 repainted 2 years ago and did not add the clear wrap. It’s held up very well, couple thousand miles on it. My thought is to have the bed liner material applied at a later date if it starts to chip.
    I put 32,000 miles on my trailer since I bought it a year ago. When I bought it last year, it had only been on the road for 700 miles and was in pristine condition. Now a year later and at the time of the accident, it was beginning to show lots of chip marks on the body. Those big trucks and SUVs throw rocks all the time. I've even been hit with a rock as I was passing a semi. It hurt.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

The other place I have seen that, is at rv repair centers. Apparently many of the higher end rv’s also have that as a front end protectant.
    That's an excellent idea. We do have RV places around here so I can check that out when we get back from our trip. Thanks for that suggestion.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

If you don't get any joy from the RV places, you could talk to the people at Wrap my Spyder (sponsors here, with links at the top of the page & in the Sponsors pages) They do all sorts of wraps, and may well be able to help you. Here's hoping you get it sorted!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The BRP parts page has the trailer parts in the section for accessories. It's called a body protector. Here it is on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Spyder-2010-2.../dp/B079RQGCQR. They supposedly are in stock.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I can’t help you with the rock guard -on my trailer it was never properly installed and has had bumps in it from day one. I only replied because my trailer got hit at a gas station just like yours did. The guy looked right at me while I was filling my Spyder then he climbed in his pickup and ran smack into my trailer!

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's my dilemma . I have a 622 can am trailer. In April while I was traveling in Arizona, pulling my 622 trailer and stopped at a gas station, a man in a pickup that was using the pump behind me pulled forward and hit the back corner of my trailer. He did accept all fault so we exchanged information and I went on my way. Back home with insurance company involved found a great auto body place to repair my trailer. The trailer is all repainted but neither he nor I can find the clear vinyl rock guard decals that go on the sides of the trailer. There is a company (Wheelspro) that had them listed but they no longer carry them. I can not find a parts catalog for the 622 trailer other than on the Wheelspro website. Does BRP have a parts catalog for the 622? I have searched and cannot find one on their website. I really would love to have the rock guards on because of rock chips from traveling.

Also, if anyone else has any suggestions as to how I can find someone who can make me a rock guard for the sides of the trailer. I found a place close to where I live but the sell the vinyl by the inch and they won'f fabricate it for you or install it. I am going on a 3 week trip starting next week but the auto body man said not to put anything on the fresh paint for at least a couple of weeks. Just need to find some place that will make them to fit or find the original BRP side rock guard decals.
    I purchased my 622 from a dealer & it had been left out in the sun. The clear liner had turned yellow. So I went to my local body shop. They covered it with bed liner and polished it all up. Total cost was $350 ish.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

I like the bedliner. Itlooks really good and sure should stop the rock chips.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most auto tint shops will install paint protection on almost anything.

Spyder Garage

The Harley shop in our area will put a plastic film on at you request .My son had his new HD done ,not cheap but it does protect the paint .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn’t read all posts but an RV dealership be able to help as this is a fairly common thing for RVs. cueman