Spyder Garage

Cool Guardian Bell Transfer

According to the tradition and rule #3, I should transfer my bell to the Spyder. However, rule #2 states that the bell should be hung by the person that gave me the bell. Also ... you are not supposed to touch your bell unless it is attached to your trike/bike. Not sure if my buddy will want to come over to make the transfer for me. He sold his HD and no longer rides. Don't know what he did with the bell I gave him, but, I gotta get MY bell transferred to the Spyder.

https://www.cratex.com/motorcycle-be...cle-bell-rules

Of course I could just move the thing and not tell anyone.
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    2015 Circuit Yellow Spyder RT Limited
    2010 Velocity Yellow Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired
    NRA Instructor & N.C. CCW Instructor
    Never mind Area51. Worry about the other 50, or more!
    2015 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    According to the tradition and rule #3, I should transfer my bell to the Spyder. However, rule #2 states that the bell should be hung by the person that gave me the bell. Also ... you are not supposed to touch your bell unless it is attached to your trike/bike. Not sure if my buddy will want to come over to make the transfer for me. He sold his HD and no longer rides. Don't know what he did with the bell I gave him, but, I gotta get MY bell transferred to the Spyder.

https://www.cratex.com/motorcycle-be...cle-bell-rules
    Funny...can't help with that one...maybe just hang a lucky rabbit's foot from the rear view mirror. Just above the madonna on the dash. Unless of course those spots are occupied by fuzzy dice and a bobblehead...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

" Also ... you are not supposed to touch your bell unless it is attached to your trike/bike."

Its always good to practice safe mechanican and wear gloves.....
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Just do whatever you want. It's just fun-filled custom anyway. Hang it wherever you want and enjoy. No superstition is attached

Spyder Garage

Maybe we change bikes more often here in Aus, possibly cos the roads are ... errr, somewhat 'less forgiving'?!? Whatever, for more'n 50 years now (dammit, that makes me feel old! ) I've been of the understanding that a Guardian Bell, once given by one motorcyclist to another motorcyclist and affixed by the giver to the receiver's motorcycle, can safely be transferred by the receiver to their new/replacement motorcycle just so long as the person doing the transfer downs an appropriate libation in recognition of the original giver's respect, best wishes, & friendship.

Maybe that was just something made up by the local lads back when I first started riding & we were all begging, borrowing, or building the latest & greatest two wheeled machines that were usually just the crappiest bikes around but all we could afford at the time that'd keep us riding for a month or two before they died or fell apart so we'd move on to the next one; or maybe it was something that had been passed down to us from our motorcycling predecessors as the only truly worthy recipients amongst the next generation of riders hitting the open road; but it seemed to work for us then, even if it did mean that we didn't ride some nights & instead spent them lubricating our throats & becoming more'n more socially confused as we worked out where which bell should go on which particular 'bike.... but for some reason my recollection of those nights seems a little hazy?! Musta been the hard work & late nights?!? And it still seems to work OK now!

So I reckon you'll be OK if you move it yourself, with appropriate rememberance & reverence after downing a suitable quantity of your preferred liquid libation, of course! In fact, I'm pretty sure that if you do that, your Guardian Bell will continue to work just as well on your new ride as it did on your old ride.....

Go on, DO IT! You know you want to!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Transfer.....

Seems to make it hard to install if you can not touch it unless it is installed. Legend varies from story teller to story teller. Be safe and wrap the bell and install it only holding and working with the ring... low close to the ground and let it ring....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hee hee hee hee It's all good! Reminds me I'm fresh out. Gotta make a stop soon to stock up. Still learning about my Spyder and am having new tires put on the front and a laser alignment next Tuesday. Have to move the bell this weekend.
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    2015 Circuit Yellow Spyder RT Limited
    2010 Velocity Yellow Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired
    NRA Instructor & N.C. CCW Instructor
    Never mind Area51. Worry about the other 50, or more!
    2015 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used to make sure I had a Guardian bell, and went to at least one bike blessing a year, sometimes 2 or 3. Still totaled out that bike. Must be something else that keeps one safe.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had bells on all most all of my street bikes, but I don't have a bell for my spyder. If someone out there is in need of a bell let me know and I'll send you one of your choice if you send me one in return. I think that would satisfy the legend of the bell.