Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Long Ride Preparation?

I am going on a 3,000 mile, weeklong tour in a few weeks and wondered what additional tools/ spares you experienced Spyder touring riders would take with you on a ride like that.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

CREDIT CARD & CELLPHONE

Actually, I carry a range of basic hand tools, combo wrenches up to 19mm, assortment of allen keys up to 8mm, quart of oil, paper towels, cleaners for your visor and windscreen. Socket for front wheel nuts. I also carry a small roll of duct tape, a compact multi-meter, spare fuses, etc.

If you are totally equipped you'll be able to do some basic repairs and keep going.

Stuart

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wire ties and a compact air pump.

Spyder Garage

To that add, tire repair kit (can of flat fix), a small (pint) can of oil, a ratcheting strap (for towing, or to reset a popped tire bead), a bottle of water, and a waterproof cover for the bike (you can work under it in the rain.

I also carry a can of Honda cleaner/polish (to clean the bugs off daily), a large ziplock bag (for wet rags), a few really long zip ties, and several rags.

I do a 3K trip every year, and all of these have been used at one time or another..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Are Spyders all metric?That is some good information thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input, any Spyder specific spares, I already know about taking a spare relay or two, anything else?

Spyder Garage

AAA Plus card...with a motorcycle rider. If you get it, it takes 10 days for the motorcycle rider to take effect. Do you have the BEST Plus warranty?
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

If you don't want to waste time in a laundrymat, or carrying dirty clothes all over the US, UPS clean clothes to your hotel. Send the old ones back before/when you leave. The package will be waiting for you.

I've bought underwear and socks for the trip, tossed them when done. I hate carrying that stuff around. Cheap alternative to "stinky luggage".

Happy Owner
    Chances are the referenced post is positive in nature, may result in a solution, alteration, modification, or highlights an extraordinary event or ride, that's worth posting.

Spyder Garage

Put RideOn in your tires and ride with some peace of mind regarding a flat. Take metric tools, and a hammer (See Lamont's video for this reference) Put a camelback on your handlebars, it is great for staying hydrated on the long haul.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

on last trip i need a glue tape...my back turnlight just fall in pieces....
    Happy Owner

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

A butt fitting seat and the ability to streach your legs without doing the splits... A good fit of highway pegs.

SpyderLovers Sponsor SPYDERPOPS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Invite a friend along that is pulling a trailer with extra room. Make sure the friend has all of the spare parts you may need. Invite the friend over early so you can see how your Spyder is supposed to go back together.

You will also have at hand those last minute gaskets that you never thought you would need to get the exhaust back together.

Spyder Garage

Jennifer and I are on a 10,000 mile trip and this is our list: His and hers pillow cases (for clean clothes), 3 t-shirts each, a leather jacket each, Fog Togs (one for each), allen sockets and wratchet, cressent wrench, one relay, a quart of oil, Ride-On (I consider this one a MUST for any Spyder), toiletries, 3 pairs of socks each, cell phones and chargers, digital camera and charger, one pair of shower clogs each, AAA membership with m/c indorsement, credit cards or cash, various off-the-shelf items to help with headaches, etc., one windstopper jacket each, pen and paper for memory jogging, shelf liner to keep Jennifer from sliding in her seat, sun glasses and gloves, water and gatorade, one pair of shorts each (need them when we wash the only jeans we have), AND the computer and charger.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by REPOPS View Post
    Invite a friend along that is pulling a trailer with extra room. Make sure the friend has all of the spare parts you may need. Invite the friend over early so you can see how your Spyder is supposed to go back together.

You will also have at hand those last minute gaskets that you never thought you would need to get the exhaust back together.
    Bah Hum Bug...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default and don't forget.....

The verizon network guys and a firearm......