Spyder Garage

Default Shift and brake control arms position 4 , 2015 F3S

Need to move my shift and brake control arms to position 4 from position 5 on my 2015 F3S spyder. My wife drives it more than me and she would like them changed. Anyone out there want to trade and need a position 5 shift / brake control arm.
    2015 F3S , silver and orange

Spyder Garage

How handy are you with tools? I did my own re-adjusting and can help you with yours. BRAKE ROD MOD.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I have pos 3 and pos4 but just brake mine is a ses

Spyder Garage

Interesting work. Did you lengthen a rod or shorter? How difficult was the hole drilling? i was thinking that the rods are made from harden steel. What did you use for the connection piece? I don't think I'm going to find what I'm looking for.
    2015 F3S , silver and orange

Spyder Garage

I shortened the rod in order to lower the pedal. I used an angle grinder to do the cutting, but if you don't have one, a hacksaw will do.
    I cut an inch out of the center of the rod drilled through a 6" pipe nipple that had an almost 1/2 bore. I then cut off the threaded ends and rounded them to look nicer. I chucked it in a vice and ran a 1/2" drill through it. Ground / filed down the rod ends until there was a slip fit. Drilled through the nipple and rod and inserted 1/8" tension pins as seen in the photo above. Slipped other piece of rod into nipple / coupler and put it on the bike. Set the pedal where I wanted it, and marked the unpinned rod. Then drilled and pinned it with a couple more tension pins. Painted it with flat black. Looks factory. Cost = $2.00 and a lot less work than threading - I thought about that and passed on it.
    I hope this helps. It makes for a stout modification, but be sure to use 4 tension pins like I did as they are hardened metal - screws or cotter pins will fail and that's not a good thing.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome