Spyder Garage

Default Questions from a Soon to be Ryker owner

Hi all,

I'm a soon to be (hopefully) Can-Am Ryker owner (the 600). I should have one (all things going well) by years end. This is to be my first "Car" so I am really looking forward to it.
    I say Car because here in New Zealand they are registered as cars and are ridden on a car license.

for those that are curious I plan on the following set-up:
    Model: 600
    Colour: Classic Yellow

Add-ons:
    Windscreen
    SHAD Saddlebag (with required rack)

(the above to cost around $17,200 NZD Roughly $11,300 USD including tax)

With later additions to be: Passenger Seat (With Required Max Mount and recommended 2 up spring) & Folding passenger Back Rest.

I was curious about whether the following were recommended so I thought I would get community opinions *note I have no intentions of taking this off road (obviously as it is not the Rally edition)*
    • A-Arm protector
      being on the road will this be needed?
      What are the benefits of having it?
      Any negatives?

• Splash Guard
      Any opinions based on your experiences?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Hello mate! I have a 600 with the majority of options you are considering except the A-Arm protectors which I think are not really necessary unless you have large rocks in the road you can not swerve around to avoid. (That's the only thing I can think they would be good for). The splash guards will keep your boots & pants a tad drier if you are driving in the rain. Your options sound like excellent choices and I went with the 600 as I'm too old to be spinning the rear tire like a hooligan anymore. It has plenty of power, accelerates quickly, and easily carries a passenger comfortably. Good choice, welcome aboard & drive safely!

Spyder Garage

have a 900, all black with windscreen, hand guards, max-mount and passenger seat with folding backrest.
    2457 miles so far and is enjoyable to ride. wife has rode with me many times

enjoy and safe riding

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHoshino View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a soon to be (hopefully) Can-Am Ryker owner (the 600). I should have one (all things going well) by years end. This is to be my first "Car" so I am really looking forward to it.
    I say Car because here in New Zealand they are registered as cars and are ridden on a car license.

for those that are curious I plan on the following set-up:
    Model: 600
    Colour: Classic Yellow

Add-ons:
    Windscreen
    SHAD Saddlebag (with required rack)

(the above to cost around $17,200 NZD Roughly $11,300 USD including tax)

With later additions to be: Passenger Seat (With Required Max Mount and recommended 2 up spring) & Folding passenger Back Rest.

I was curious about whether the following were recommended so I thought I would get community opinions *note I have no intentions of taking this off road (obviously as it is not the Rally edition)*
    • A-Arm protector
      being on the road will this be needed?
      What are the benefits of having it?
      Any negatives?

• Splash Guard
      Any opinions based on your experiences?

Any and all advice is appreciated.
    Good to know. Wont bother with the A-arm protector then. Will certainly be posting pictures of it when it arrives. Even my parents are pretty keen to have a go when I get it.

Spyder Garage

We bought a Ryker 600 about a month ago. There's plenty of power with the 600. Nice sound from the twin cylinder engine too. I've got a couple 2-wheeled motorcycles but really enjoy ripping around town with this bike. I think you're really going to enjoy it. Ride safe...

Spyder Garage

Looking at the 900 Rally. Just waiting on the dealer to crunch the numbers for me. Trading in a RT Se5. Hopefully in a couple days Ill be riding a Ryker! I test rode one a few weeks back and loved it, but do see where the windscreen is a must have for me anyway. Going with black as well, figured I would just paint it myself if I decide what color to do it in. Congrats on yours and safe riding!