Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder

Seriously considering the Lamonster frame mount drink holder http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...der-lamonster/ but would like honest opinions first.

My biggest concern after viewing the installation video is removing the frame bolt and possible re-alignment issues while installing the longer bolt that is furnished. Has anyone had any issues with the frame rail dropping when the stock bolt is removed or difficulty lining up and installing the new longer bolt (as Lamont suggests could happen) ? As always, any guidance is appreciated.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’ve got the 3rd peg which utilizes the lower frame bolt, it can be a little tricky lining it up but isn’t too tough to do. Just don’t lean on the bike when the bolt is out.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I dont remember any issues with mounting the side mount drink holder on the 16 F3T. It is much more stable now on the frame and easy to access.

DSCN2861.jpg With the IPS frame caps it looks and works good!
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

I highly recommend it,

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I have it. No problem getting the bolt in. Nothing moved when I removed original bolt. Love the drink holder. Easy reach to the bottle.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I have watched two of those being installed and in neither case did the DIY installers have any problem with the new bolt. As Ann mentioned, neither installer leaned on the bikes during removal of the old bolt and installation of the new one.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

My only issue was with the bolt supplied. It rubbed my leg wrong so I replaced it with a ss button head in size M10 1.5 x 200mm that I purchased from McMaster Carr. I did have to buy 5, but I needed 2 for our two F3's. I am also going to replace a friends who also noticed the rubbing on her leg.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    My only issue was with the bolt supplied. It rubbed my leg wrong so I replaced it with a ss button head in size M10 1.5 x 200mm that I purchased from McMaster Carr. I did have to buy 5, but I needed 2 for our two F3's. I am also going to replace a friends who also noticed the rubbing on her leg.
    First, thanks to all who replied. I will definitely order this from Lamont and give it a try. I'll also keep an eye out for the bolt irritation situation. I've ordered from McMaster Carr before, good people to deal with. Thanks for the tip.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue