Hello, Been working on getting a camping trailer and finally decided on one and ordered it. At the same time I ordered a trailer hitch and wire harness from Pierre at Can Am Spyder Accessories. While I am waiting for things to arrive I noticed the wire harness from Pierre is a 4 pin flat and the trailer has amber blinker lights so it is a 5 pin flat. Before things arrive I'm trying to figure out what I will need to do and looking for advice.

1) I think I could still use Pierre's harness and rewire the trailer plug? The amber lights would not longer work but this might cause issues when getting inspected.

2) ShowChrome has a 5 pin harness that is isolated from the bike. Looks like it's plug and play at the tail lights and power comes from the battery. This might be the best option.

3) Back in the old days, before all of this computer crap, I used to simply splice into the tail lights to make a trailer plug. Has anyone done this with a Spyder? I'm sure there would be issues with doing this but not sure what would happen.

4) Any other options?

Thanks