Thread: Ryker Covers

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Covers

Has anyone purchased the CAN-AM OEM cover or the Nelson-Rigg Defender Extreme Full Cover? Any idea how much difference there is between the two? The OEM cover is about $55-60 more.

My Rally will be stored in the garage but not sure if I need to cover it when I am at work? I don't see many 2 wheel motorcycles covered here is Fl where I work.

Spyder Garage

I have not purchased either. The CanAm cover appears to be nicer but I'm not sure. I wouldn't cover at work here either and mine will be kept in my garage so it will get a King Sized sheet for a dust cover. Plus if you use either one at work you have to have a way to transport it and storage on the Ryker is very limited at best.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    I have not purchased either. The CanAm cover appears to be nicer but I'm not sure. I wouldn't cover at work here either and mine will be kept in my garage so it will get a King Sized sheet for a dust cover. Plus if you use either one at work you have to have a way to transport it and storage on the Ryker is very limited at best.
    Thanks, good point on how to transport cover to and from work.

Spyder Garage

I have the CanAm cover. I've used it for just over 2 months now.

It seems pretty durable. It's done a good job keeping the rain off.
    It have the OEM windshield, the Lamonster mirrors, and a top case. The tryke is still completely covered.

In short, I'm happy with my purchase.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyuberalles View Post

It have the OEM windshield, the Lamonster mirrors, and a top case. The tryke is still completely covered.

Thanks, I am guessing that it is too big to store in glove box?

Spyder Garage

Does it fit OK with the windshield?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    Does it fit OK with the windshield?
    It's better than OK. It's fits great.

Spyder Garage

Alright, you convinced me. I will order it from my dealer. He is giving me 10% off at purchase time so that will be less painful. Cant wait for pickup of my Rally on Friday.

Spyder Garage

Would it fit a larger windshield?

Spyder Garage

About how long does it take you put it on? Tight on bottom keep wind drafts out?
    Tks

Spyder Garage

My Ryker 900 lives outside in Texas under the OEM cover. It takes me under thirty seconds to cover my Ryker after a ride. You may be able to jam the cover in the front box, but I would not recommend it. The cover comes with a small bag it can supposedly be folded back in to, but truth be told my son walked off with mine and I haven't used it. There is a zippered portion that allows for the cover to go over the windscreen, or in my case the Lamonster after market rear view mirrors. There are cinch straps on the back to tighten it up if you do not have a top case or passenger seat installed. There are two webbed straps on either side near the foot pegs that clip to themselves. I have not yet determined why they are there. I am happy to answer any other questions I am able.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spicewood View Post
    My Ryker 900 lives outside in Texas under the OEM cover. It takes me under thirty seconds to cover my Ryker after a ride. You may be able to jam the cover in the front box, but I would not recommend it. The cover comes with a small bag it can supposedly be folded back in to, but truth be told my son walked off with mine and I haven't used it. There is a zippered portion that allows for the cover to go over the windscreen, or in my case the Lamonster after market rear view mirrors. There are cinch straps on the back to tighten it up if you do not have a top case or passenger seat installed. There are two webbed straps on either side near the foot pegs that clip to themselves. I have not yet determined why they are there. I am happy to answer any other questions I am able.
    Great info, I'm glad I ordered it

Thank you

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP cover for my Ryker, I really only plan to cover the bike for winter storage. Otherwise it will sit under my carport.

The cover is large enough to handle the trike and any accessory bags, windshield, etc Without difficulty.

I also own 2 Nelson Rigg covers for my two wheelers. They are decently made, I would consider them mid grade covers. If they each last 2-3 seasons that would be fine, very inexpensive and cover my trunk, fairing, saddlebags well enough to protect. These two ride up a foot or so in gusty winds but have not blown off the bikes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    I have the BRP cover for my Ryker, I really only plan to cover the bike for winter storage. Otherwise it will sit under my carport.

The cover is large enough to handle the trike and any accessory bags, windshield, etc Without difficulty.

I also own 2 Nelson Rigg covers for my two wheelers. They are decently made, I would consider them mid grade covers. If they each last 2-3 seasons that would be fine, very inexpensive and cover my trunk, fairing, saddlebags well enough to protect. These two ride up a foot or so in gusty winds but have not blown off the bikes.
    SO the BRP cover is a better quality cover than the Nelson Rioggs?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyber2nd View Post
    Thanks, I am guessing that it is too big to store in glove box?
    Correct. Too big for the glovebox. Maybe the topcase if you really squish it in there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyber2nd View Post
    SO the BRP cover is a better quality cover than the Nelson Rioggs?
    I can only speak to the size of the BRP cover because I have seen pictures of it installed on another Rykers FB post. I won’t be using it until winter.

Spyder Garage

I have a Nelson Rigg half-cover for my motorcycle. It's silver, which is a huge advantage in the blazing Arizona sun. It rolls up pretty tight and I keep it in my desk at work; about a half-hour or so after I get to work I go out and slap the cover on, gives the engine and exhaust a chance to cool.
    If I ride the Ryker to work I will definitely want a cover for it. The aforementioned sun, and also because people just can't restrain themselves from sitting on it when they pass by!!

Spyder Garage

I have been using golf cart covers for my RT and now my Ryker since they are both stored in a garage, the are cheap $50 or less and they are able to be put on and taken off very easily. If I need a heavier cover for my RT I will use the factory storage / trailering cover, problem is the fitted covers leave no room for any extras.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Has anyone just tried a cover for an RS or an ST on the Ryker? The actual Ryker Cover is stupid expensive from BRP and not yet available thru UltraGuard (that I can see anyway) If nothing else, I thought about just getting a second RT cover for my wife's Ryker...heck a fitted sheet would work too I guess...LOL
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

FYI....I went to Menards today and bought a snowomobile cover, 125" version, or style "B" as it was labeled. It fits great on the Ryker 900 and cost $44.00
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White