Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Buying from I Motorsports in NY?

Hi all anyone in NY bought from I Motorsports I’m waiting on a quote/offer which will include a trade. There prices are great, read some reviews and also looking into dealing with 3 NY dealers as well, it’s all a waiting game at this point. Just wondering on your experience or anyone’s experience. Thanks Michrick
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Keep in mind their advertised prices don't include destination and set up. I got a better deal from a local dealer here in SoCal.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Thopper I will keep an eye on that. Michrick
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

I live in western NY, the Finger Lakes region. I bought my F3L from them that also included a trade and everything went really smooth. The price is the price. It included set up and delivery to my door along with picking up my trade. You will be responsible for getting it licensed, insured and inspected. Make sure they give you a temporary tag so you can ride it while you are getting the DMV taken care of.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Just bought an F3S from them, the only added fee was a $179 doc fee. No assembly fee, no prep fee and no shipping. GREAT experience overall! One slight issue I'm still waiting for them to take care of before posting my final review on the purchase but it certainly wouldn't keep me from buying ��
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks much for your feedback frj332 and wrb3004
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

I don't live in NY I live in KS. Bought my current RT from IMotorsports,
    happy with the trade, happy with delivery, happy with them. You have 3 dealers in range?
    My nearest dealer is 150 miles away, and while they are great guys and do good service work,
    they couldn't match prices and selection.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

I have purchased 2 Spyders from them with trade-ins both times. They are pretty easy to deal with and gave me what I thought was fair on both my trade-ins. Would buy from them again.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I requested a quote a week ago and all I've gotten is a couple of emails thanking me for my enquiry and that they have great deals. Pretty disappointing experience so far.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

George, I suggest you give the folks at Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista a call. If you can make a deal you are happy with I virtually assure you that you will like working with them. Barry and David are the father/son owners and Steve is the sales manager. Their number is (520) 459-2589.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    I requested a quote a week ago and all I've gotten is a couple of emails thanking me for my enquiry and that they have great deals. Pretty disappointing experience so far.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    George, I suggest you give the folks at Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista a call. If you can make a deal you are happy with I virtually assure you that you will like working with them. Barry and David are the father/son owners and Steve is the sales manager. Their number is (520) 459-2589.

Rob
    Thanks for the suggestion Rob. I've heard great reviews about Sierra, but they're 3 hours from me and I was intrigued by the door to door delivery from iMotorsports.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

George, I understand. My guess is Sierra Cycles would deliver if you wanted them to. By the way, I've purchased two Spyders from them that included trades, and we did it all over the phone. I then went down there and picked them up.

Good luck and the best to you.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bought my 2016 RT-L from Imotorsports. I'm in South East Michigan. Worked out well, to me. I didn't have a trade in (last Spyder was totaled out). It seemed like it took a long time for delivery, but that was probably just my anxious waiting.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Rob. I've heard great reviews about Sierra, but they're 3 hours from me and I was intrigued by the door to door delivery from iMotorsports.
    George,

Like Rob said, we can definitely have it delivered (I'll be in Phoenix Sunday through Monday and can bring it then). If you are still interested please shoot us a call and let me at the very least give you a legit OTD price and see if we can earn your valued business.

Thank you,
    David

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately the color I wanted was gone and the price for a 2019 F3 T or F3 Limited is the same here. As of now it looks like I will either wait or buy local. The 2019 F3 Limited in Orange looks good or maybe the F3T in liquid titanium, I was hoping to get the intense red. But your right it does take them time to contact you even after first contact. I’m sure their busy and they do have good pricing on the 2018’s just not the color I wanted.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

call Roberts in Malone 518 483 5400 best deals around

Spyder Garage

I'm trying to deal with them right now, but it's been slow going. I'm sure I'm not their only customer at the moment, but an email letting me know what's going on would be nice. I will say that since I went with my own financing, things seem to be moving at a snails pace.

I wanted to go local, but I'm in the used market, and for some reason can't seem to fins what I want close enough to go get it before it's gone.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought my F3T from them in April 2017. Best buying experience that I have ever had in my life. They were quick to get back with me, and gave me $1k more for my trade than I paid for it 6 months earlier. They actually met me while on vacation with the delivery, due to being unable to get it out to me before I left on vacation. I will definitely buy from them again. Jason was the man.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

It seems the further away you are geographically the slower the response. Maybe the extra shipping charges are a factor. Why do they say at the bottom of any given spyder the price advertised does not include destination charges etc.?

Spyder Garage

I’m still waiting lots of phone calls and emails they are slow to respond. I’m sure their very busy but it seems by the time they do they don’t have the color or don’t know what’s in stock. Slow process for sure
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Yep, slow to respond.

Something else that bothers me - they say "Free Shipping" of the bike. You have 24 hours to decide if you want to keep it. If you don't, they'll refund the price of the bike and ask you to pay the shipping BOTH WAYS. How can I pay for shipping to me when it's free? Also sounds like their refund of the price of the bike may be less that the advertised price? Not sure. Still, if I could find what I want locally...
    2014 RT-S , Orange