Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Anyone Buying Extended Warranty's with their Ryker

Picking my Rally up Friday. Haven't got any pricing yet. Anyone buying them? If so what length warranty and price's are you seeing? And please don't tell me why I shouldn't buy one, I already know. Just keep it on topic please.

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have until the original warranty expires to buy the extended warranty. I'm not going to buy one with the purchase but I will buy one just before the original warranty runs out. I think the max you can buy is 3 yrs?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    You have until the original warranty expires to buy the extended warranty. I'm not going to buy one with the purchase but I will buy one just before the original warranty runs out. I think the max you can buy is 3 yrs?
    Same for me. I plan to buy from Sierra Cycles, based on their quote.

Spyder Garage

Those of us who put down deposit before Feb 1st Got One year Normal and 2 Years BEST -for 3 Years total for Free.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Those of us who put down deposit before Feb 1st Got One year Normal and 2 Years BEST -for 3 Years total for Free.
    That's great, never even heard about a Ryker or had any interest in 3 wheels until I saw the commercial on TV. Then I started investigating this 3 wheeler.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Also. You can buy the warranty from any dealer. Doesn't have to be the dealer you bought the bike from. It pays to shop around, prices vary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Also. You can buy the warranty from any dealer. Doesn't have to be the dealer you bought the bike from. It pays to shop around, prices vary.
    I'm going to get a quote, I will post back the pricing I was offered. Typically you can get a better deal at time of purchase but then again maybe not. He is giving me 10% off of accessories we will see what he does with the Extended Warranty. I bought my 4 year plan for my Yamaha Stratoliner for less than $500, dealer said that was his cost. Who know's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    I'm going to get a quote, I will post back the pricing I was offered. Typically you can get a better deal at time of purchase but then again maybe not. He is giving me 10% off of accessories we will see what he does with the Extended Warranty. I bought my 4 year plan for my Yamaha Stratoliner for less than $500, dealer said that was his cost. Who know's.
    I’d they said $695 each I would of did it. $1500 was insane imo compared to what they cost. They did give me steep discounts on gear. Scorpion helmets that are 149 everywhere online I got for $50 each. Gloves same kind of savings.

Spyder Garage

They wanted $1500 for the extended to cover it for 3 years. I bought two (600 ace and 900 ace) so it would of been $3k more plus the tax. I passed on both not cause I don’t believe in extended warranties but due to the fact I know I’m gonna mod them and don’t need to spend that money and then be told they can’t cover it. I can also do the work myself so anything goes wrong after the year mark it’s the cost of parts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djdilliodon View Post
    They wanted $1500 for the extended to cover it for 3 years. I bought two (600 ace and 900 ace) so it would of been $3k more plus the tax. I passed on both not cause I don’t believe in extended warranties but due to the fact I know I’m gonna mod them and don’t need to spend that money and then be told they can’t cover it. I can also do the work myself so anything goes wrong after the year mark it’s the cost of parts.
    I wouldn't have paid that either, that's ridiculous.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I bought the 3yr BEST warranty for my Spyder is was about $650. It paid for itself in the 5 yrs (2 standard and 3 extended) it was under warranty. I'm guessing the 3yr BEST warranty for the Ryker will be about the same? If you live in a state where you only get to ride 5 months out the year the warranty is well worth it in my opinion. All the warranty work on Spyder was electronics related. Those types of repairs (assuming they are easy to diagnose and find) are typically fairly easy but the parts are expensive.

Spyder Garage

If I cant get 3 year extended for under $500 I'm gonna pass.

Spyder Garage

One of the new riders in a FB Ryker forum just paid around $750 for 3 years, sorry, can’t remember which forum. I know they bought over the phone, not from the dealer they purchased the bike from.

Spyder Garage

Out here they don't appear to offer any extended warranty on the Rykers. On the Aus website it shows an option to extend warranty (B.E.S.T.) for Spyders but such is not the case for Rykers. Only 12 months initially for the Ryker as well compared to 2 years for Spyders (3 when they have a promotion going). I asked a dealer and he confirmed no warranty extensions available for the Ryker at this time. Personally I like the idea of extended warranty especially when the initial term is 12 months.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

This is the warranty pricing I got

24 Month Extended Warranty-$900.00

36 Month Extended Warranty-$950.00

48 Month Extended Warranty-$1000.00

No Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shop around and wait til your current warranty is about to expire. You may decide to trade in 2 years and you wont get your money back. I just paid 620.00 for the best 3 year extended warranty. My 2017 F3-T warranty is up in July

Spyder Garage

My dealer offered the warranty for $899 and told me they'd honor that up until the time the 1 year warranty expires. I know you can get it from any dealer--wouldn't be surprised to find some cheap warranty deals in January/February next year when dealers are hurting for customers.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver