Spyder Garage

Default Wife needs short reach handlebars

Hello wife needs handlebars to come back towards the seat more, even with the bars moved back all the way she is not comfortable with the reach. She has to sit way forward on the seat and bend forward which gives her a backache. So
    please help has anyone found a suitable replacement. We looked at reversing the current ones were told can't do it.
    But if someone has please explain on how you did it. Thanks. I'm thinking a quad handlebar might work. Those available
    from BRP have no information on how far back they come. Thanks in advance Bob
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

Have you checked out the Tri-Axis handlebar?

https://youtu.be/4rg6VpjnU_E
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Would that work on a ryker? That is only RT.

The problem with the handle bars is they swoop down. Try the sports bar. It is level and if that would work. You can always but it from a dealer and measure it once you get it without installing. Return it get money back.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Yes, someone has already posted on the Ryker sub forum here about how to (reverse) switch the handle bars.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Have you checked out the Tri-Axis handlebar?

https://youtu.be/4rg6VpjnU_E
    I believe he is talking about his wife's Ryker. The Tri-Axis is for the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    Hello wife needs handlebars to come back towards the seat more, even with the bars moved back all the way she is not comfortable with the reach. She has to sit way forward on the seat and bend forward which gives her a backache. So
    please help has anyone found a suitable replacement. We looked at reversing the current ones were told can't do it.
    But if someone has please explain on how you did it. Thanks. I'm thinking a quad handlebar might work. Those available
    from BRP have no information on how far back they come. Thanks in advance Bob
    I installed the optional Sport Bar on my 600. They reduced the reach by about an inch. They are also 1.5 inches wider.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I believe he is talking about his wife's Ryker. The Tri-Axis is for the Spyder.
    Sorry about that, reading in What's new, looked ah his signature, not where it came from.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Someone put apes on one of these, look in the forum on do it yourself mods. Maybe something with 7-8” pullback would work if its available in 7/8” and if the wires on the bike are long enough.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all will be talking to dealer tommorrow about BRP's bars. Bob
    900 Ryker Wifes