Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Another gorgeous day in the Ozarks!

This is an off the trail place to eat and I'm willing to bet a one of a kind!

No hints: You'll have to watch it, just 3 1/2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/ISXIrua2skU

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Goober says Hey!

This next video is taken from a ride headed North out of Branson, Mo. on Hi Way 248. I made two short videos out of the twisty ride since most of use don't like videos longer than just a few minutes.

https://youtu.be/nHmXMbxrgEo

I'll get the second part up later after I have some more coffee!

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

June 20th!

My brother called me and asked if I wanted to go with him on one of his rides and so we did!

We left Springfield, rode around the Pomme de Terre Lake and I took the opportunity to get some footage of the Dam itself with the water being let out, due to the high amounts of rain we have had this year.

IF you like tours of dams, then you will like this video. I keep my brother in front of me to make it interesting and due to our age, this makes a nice memory for both of us.

I hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/1ThlbngMjDQ

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Hi Dr. Davo! I shot television video for many years. Yours are the best motorcycle/travel videos I have ever seen on YouTube principally for two reasons: Your narration amount is perfect. You explain the scene and provide other interesting information, but you're not talking to hear yourself talk. Thank-you! You also let the nat sound run without feeling the need for some infernal, distracting music bed. Thank-you again! The best audio track for a Spyder ryde is the sound of the engine; your audio setup is again, perfect. I will subscribe, and look forward to all your subsequent videos. Greg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flspyderpilot View Post
    Hi Dr. Davo! I shot television video for many years. Yours are the best motorcycle/travel videos I have ever seen on YouTube principally for two reasons: Your narration amount is perfect. You explain the scene and provide other interesting information, but you're not talking to hear yourself talk. Thank-you! You also let the nat sound run without feeling the need for some infernal, distracting music bed. Thank-you again! The best audio track for a Spyder ryde is the sound of the engine; your audio setup is again, perfect. I will subscribe, and look forward to all your subsequent videos. Greg
    Thanks for the feedback! It's that kind of comment that makes these worth doing plus I'm putting some video down for the family to have as history after I'm gone...

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

We will be chiming in with some rides once the bikes get here from AK.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Nothing to add this week, way to hot to ride during the day for us old folks!

A front came through late in the afternoon so by 7:00PM the wife and I could get out for a couple of hours and ride. Nothing worth getting the Go Pro out for but just a nice evening.

Since we live so close to Bass Pro and the Wonder of Wildlife, we thought there might be some interest in a short video. We are not allowed to film inside so it would just have to show the outside, the huge (and I mean huge) outside wall TV screen that shows the Aquarium.

I know a lot of the history of the place and given it is the Number 1 aquarium in the US, I suppose it might be worth the time if anyone is interested.

By all means, if you get to come to the Ozarks, you need to make this "WOW" part of the trip! (WOW is Wonders of Wildlife)

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Ok, it's been 20 days and it was all too hot for all 20 days! But today, it has dropped to 80 degrees and the humidity is much lower and it looks like it will stay this way all the way through the week.

As it turns out, I have brothers coming in from out of state (Texas and Iowa) to ride this week. So four of us brothers are getting together for the first time ever to ride. So it will be two Spyders, one Victory and One brand spanking new Honda Goldwing air bag DCT!

Yes the Gold wing is mine! I didn't defect, I just like the Goldwing when I want to ride alone. The 7 speed auto will spoil you though! Now if we could just get BRP to put that tranny in the Spyder we would have something for sure! The DCT is a real dual clutch tranny much like what is coming out in the new Corvette for 2020. So with 4 modes, Touring, Sport, Economy and Rain, you get different acceleration, shift points and suspension stiffness. I tried SPORT, uh way to aggressive for this old guy, the 1800 opposed six likes to get up and go. So easy on the throttle if you've never been on one.

So the brothers and I are going to ride four days! Maybe we'll get some go pro footage to post on Ozarks Spyder Rides!

Stay tuned,

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Ok, As promised I got the video of the four of us Brothers riding from Chadwick to Forsythe, Mo.!

https://youtu.be/sQo4_9yr7A4

The 20 mile ride took 27 minutes so I cut the video down to 7 minutes with just a little narration.

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Ok Spyder Lovers,

This may be the last video of the Summer! I was able to get to Bass Pro Shops and the Wonders of Wildlife Museum and get some footage. I hope you enjoy it....

https://youtu.be/3sE1YOU1zZ4

See you in the fall after the leaves turn!

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Just a follow up to the Wonder of Wildlife (last post) video!

Even though the wife and I live within a few miles of the Wonders of wildlife Museum, we had never gone through it since the 10 year re-model.

So we spent the money and went through it!. I now see why it took 10 years to do the re-model and why it cost what it does to go through it.

It is absolutely top shelf all the way. Even though it is a bit pricy to enter, I thought it was well worth the expense. It does take all afternoon to go all they way through it if you do both the galleries' and the aquarium so plan accordingly!

Just the African room alone took two artist over a year to do the paintings.

So if you're coming this way, take the time and go through this thing. It is a once in a lifetime type experience but only if you like wildlife, fishing, Native American History and all that related stuff. Oh yeah, they have a top fuel dragster and about 10 of the Nascar cars that Bass Pro has sponsored.

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavo View Post
    Ozarks Spyder Rides posted again!

This one on is on wiring a GPS using the existing circuit that is provided by BRP.

https://youtu.be/r5dnlEYoLJ0

Dave C.
    My compliments to you on your video. IT should be extremely helpful to those folks who don't like the BRP Connect system. If you have any concerns about the security of your GPS when out of sighe of your Spyder I suggest a Kradellock, https://robertbeckerdesign.com/shop?...kradellock-359.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Hats off to you Dave on a job well done...Thank You!
    John

2013 RT LTD SE5
    Fargo, ND / 82 & Sunshine

Spyder Garage

Hey fellow Spyder Lovers,

I said I'd wait until Fall to do more videos! Well, after 3 weeks of 90+ temps we got some rain and it cooled down on the 1st day of Fall (2019) so we rode!

This short video is of the Bennett Spring State Park and features the actual million gallon a day spring that feeds the trout stream!

After we left the park, we rode on to Lebanon, MO. to the Route 66 Museum and did a little film there as well: News at eleven! (means the film ain't done yet)

https://youtu.be/VYzi4iTEHrs

Enjoy,

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Here is the short video of the Route 66 Museum that is behind the Arby's in Lebanon, Missouri. It's not all that much but hey, it was a place to stop and when we left, we actually took the old Route 66 from Lebanon all the way to Springfield, Missouri. It was a nice peaceful ride and it was far more enjoyable for us than taking I-44 for sure. (a lot safer too)

https://youtu.be/N3Lxcz_KNXw

I'll be back when the leaves turn in late October, Maybe!

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

And do come back PLEASE. Enjoy your postings.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My buddy/I are heading down to the Ozarks/Pig Trail either Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning from up by Madison (WI). 1st night will be in Branson, but might stop in Sparta to check out a Baldwin's cat delete pipe. We'll hang in the area Wed-Fri, and head back Saturday. We'll let the BBBBQ traffic clear out
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Well Summer went straight from too hot to ride to cold weather, but today, it is back in the 50's in January and I need to answer this question:

What happens to our Spyder's Belt when we back up, turn left. turn right and so on!

So I got out the Go Pro and make a test.

I gotta admit, I was surprised at what the camera captured! You'll have to watch the 3 minute video for yourself else you would say I was fibbing! (we all know I wouldn't do that, right?)

https://youtu.be/0h7Kh9RhXFE

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White