Spyder Garage

Default New Years Day Spyder rydin' - Florida style

Some of the SL members in more northern areas have recently been lamenting not being able to get out for a first ryde of the New Year, or having bikes in storage, etc. As a Canadian, conditioned to winter, I do empathize. When I bought my Spyder in 2017, I decided it had to be with 12-month use in mind; so I found a trailer and haul it south to FL each Nov. I'm not great with technology, but recently acquired a GoPro 7, and have begun taking videos. I did a couple of rydes on Jan. 1. If you'd like to see a bit of Central FL back country rydin', or simply vicariously enjoy the thrill of some pretty, "Olde Florida" countryside as seen from my F3L, you can come along by clicking the links below. Warning: the footage is raw and unedited; I just let the camera run. What the videos do show is that FL is not all beaches, palm trees or heavily congested coastal highways. This was filmed near Floral City and nearby Istachatta; about 15 mins each video. I have a couple more, if folks wish.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LCY...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eG2...ew?usp=sharing
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Some of the SL members in more northern areas have recently been lamenting not being able to get out for a first ryde of the New Year, or having bikes in storage, etc. As a Canadian, conditioned to winter, I do empathize. When I bought my Spyder in 2017, I decided it had to be with 12-month use in mind; so I found a trailer and haul it south to FL each Nov. I'm not great with technology, but recently acquired a GoPro 7, and have begun taking videos. I did a couple of rydes on Jan. 1. If you'd like to see a bit of Central FL back country rydin', or simply vicariously enjoy the thrill of some pretty country as seen from my F3L, you can come along by clicking the links below. Warning: the footage is raw and unedited; I just let the camera run. What the videos do show is that FL is not all beaches, palm trees or heavily congested coastal highways. This was filmed near Floral City and nearby Istachatta; about 15 mins each video. I have a couple more, if folks wish.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LCY...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eG2...ew?usp=sharing
    Please do not tell others that Florida is not all beaches, palm trees, alligators, and Cuban food. Did not watch the videos, already have a pretty good idea of what is on them.

Spyder Garage

I was fortunate enough to do a New Years Day ride this year. It was "invigorating" but I still liked it a lot. I did a couple hours worth.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Up towards Bronson, Chiefland, and over around Cedar Key is nice. When my son was stationed in Mayport he and his wife built a home near Bronson. Big cattle area and no beaches.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I was also fortunate that I rode New Years Day. I live real close to Memphis, Tn. and they have what is called Ski Freeze every January 1 where water skiers ski on the Mississippi River and I've been going to that almost every Jan. 1 to watch the crazy skiers and I always ride my bike. Some years are warmer than others and some not so warm. But it is fun to watch them ski.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Still peeing myself laughing!
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Pretty close to accurate.

The big snakes, those were released into the wild by potheads that decided there python was a bit to expensive to feed and too big to keep around.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I live in Panama City and I'm not so sure about the rich part, but I definately old Dale

Spyder Garage

I live in the yellow section, Lakeland. That map is pretty damn accurate.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic