Spyder Garage

Default Winter Itch has Set In Big Time

So waiting for the cold snap to snap. Even here in Southern Colorado, we are in the grips of our winter chill. It really will only be two more weeks til I can ride long distances. I still take the Can Am out on my errands and make sure she is good and warmed up.

I managed to get all of my herd woke up today. Its good skills and timely maintenance that benefits here. My carbed BMW did the best of them all, she has sat 2 weeks in freezing weather, kicked off first time. Idled right to operating temp, did not miss a hitch, did not need to run the charger on the battery.

Next the Can Am fired up, first crank after I let the battery warm up on the charger. I will be replacing it with the new Battery Tender Brand X24 480 CCA Lithium Ion until next month. The original OEM battery is WAY over due for a change. Yes they fail in the heat, so it has to be done this spring before I wander off into the toolies...we have NO cell phone service beyond 5 miles out of town. The new battery will have 180 more CCA's and only weigh 5 pounds.

Lastly, the Triumph fired up after sitting on the Lith Ion Charger for 2 minutes. She was COLD!!!! But she fire off. Have not had her running since 12/15, the Can Am, and BMW Funduro were last started on my annual Christmas Ride on the 25th of last month.

So I am thoroughly bored, and can't wait for February. The Can Am is ready for riding season, and my two wheelers are ready for the swap meet. Hoping the Triumph with all the brass I put on, and the added cafe stuff, the air box removal kit, the Power Commander 5, the new LED lighting (including a new JBL LED Headlight). The BMW has a replaced motor with 6500 miles on it, and new carbs off the shelf from a shop that closed in Germany that had the Funduro Carbs ON HAND and sold them for a song. Ought to be a good swap meet with two possibly 3 bikes on hand. I am looking at a VERY NICE S40 I can easily flip, and I might put a RYCA kit on it (Carbed 5 speed)

Anyway, the ol spring time riding juices are stirring with the longer days I am sure.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

I know what you mean. We have another 2 months before riding season begins , here in Iowa. I have to get the Spyder to the dealer to fix a coolant leak, and check why the Check Transmission light came on while riding it to the storage unit.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Winter in Wisconsin gets expensive. All my mods/updates are purchased Nov-Feb. Gives me nine months to save up

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our sleds take us through the winter too quickly.

Spyder Garage

I live in Overland park, Kansas. I ride all year around. The cold doesn't bother me at all.

Spyder Garage

Krakun1967 here in Central Utah it is also very cold right now with snow forecast for later this week. The Spyder is in its trailer but there is too much snow to get it out. I figure about a month before I can get it out to ride. Maybe around Presidents Day. PMS is setting in real hard. Nice that you have that swap meet to go to. I don't ski any more and never got into snowmobiles, so winter holds nothing for me any more.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Only 3 months until spyder riding season starts here in Vermont, but the sleds take me /and my significant other to the spyder riding season.

We don't get much down time between the sled season & spyder riding season.

This week the weather is going to swing way down,( Wednesday night cold snap) and way back up again( Friday & Saturday temps 40's and 50's and rain). Then on Sunday Snow again!

My spyder is in for a long winters nap( hibernation until April).

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

@ Pegasus1300, I am also going to Vernal for the Ryker review. We are in the mid 40's today. I live at the bottom of a MASSIVE Canyon Structure. For instance, I get 50 plus miles of Grand Canyon (bottom of the canyon along the river) riding, it leads into the Gateway CO, and Moab area if you choose. I frequent Moab in summer.

I agree, I gave up skiing when I left the service, and I love the Snowmobile feel the RS-S gives me, the boards now totally nail the feel. But I do NOT miss the weather required to snowmobile, not one bit. My son asks me all the time about snowmobile rentals, I do not know or pay attention, and I am relatively close to Telluride. And I cannot STAND Telluride.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black