Spyder Garage

Default Ride on, should I?... Which formula and dosage?

How many are using the ride on tyre sealant on their Spyder?

Which formula (car or mortocycle) and dosage?

Thanks.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just contacted rideon with same questions and they said to use motorcycle formula. I did explain to them that I have car tires on the spyder. The calculator on their website says 9 oz. in front and 11 in back or 2 oz. more per for heavy dosage.
    This is for 175/55 and 205/50.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    I just contacted rideon with same questions and they said to use motorcycle formula. I did explain to them that I have car tires on the spyder. The calculator on their website says 9 oz. in front and 11 in back or 2 oz. more per for heavy dosage.
    This is for 175/55 and 205/50.
    To me this is a no-brainer ….. use the formula for CAR tires …. it doesn't matter what vehicle they are on ……. jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

This stuff is amazing - I use it in everything.

Spyder Garage

Excuse my ignorance boys but what is this stuff, i am aware of tire sealant for after a puncher, is this stuff used in a different way??

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Excuse my ignorance boys but what is this stuff, i am aware of tire sealant for after a puncher, is this stuff used in a different way??
    Thank you for your service ……………. this stuff is what folks use ….to prevent a flat …. it can be a bit messy when the tire gets changed , but probably not that bad ….. way better than a flat ….. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can’t remember if I used car formula or motorcycle before or what consensus was so I contacted them.
    If I know what the actual difference was I would lean one way other but...

Spyder Garage

I have used both the Car Tire and the Motorcycle Tire formulas in my Spyder/Ryker. I don't want to say my experience is extensive or that the Ride-On guys are wrong. I've found them to be very knowledgeable. But my definite experience is that the Car formula does a better job of balancing than does the Motorcycle version in the Spyder/Ryker. This, to me, is the most important aspect. Especially with Kenda tires which are notoriously OUT OF BALANCE! Out of Round! And should be Out of Business!

The down side to the car tire formula is that you'll get the 5 minute wheel hop at the beginning of your ride if you let it sit for 2 weeks or more. On a small, light vehicle like the Spyder, this wheel hop is more noticeable than it would be on a much heavier car. But once the car tire formula redistributes, I've gotten a much smoother ride with the car tire formula than with the motorcycle version.

In my experience, and as stated by Ride-On, the motorcycle formula redistributes much more quickly after sitting for long periods than does the car tire formula. I've not gotten any wheel hop after letting the motorcycle formula sit.

Just speculation, but Ride-On may have gotten a lot of complaints about the wheel hop when using the car tire formula. This may be why they switched their tune from originally recommending the Car Tire formula for the Spyder.

The other speculation I have is that putting a designated 'Car Tire' formula into a tire that states 'Motorcycle Tire' on the side (even though it is actually a car tire) might present a liability to Ride-On. Who knows.

If you can put up with an occasional 5 minute tire hop at the beginning of your ride. I'd go with the car formula.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-19-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I use RideOn in all my PTW tires. Never had a flat.
    For those that say it's messy when you take the tire off, well, no one has ever said it to me because I do my own tires.
    But "Drama queen" comes to mind for any ""mechanic"" who says that.
    What, never got your hands dirty? Stuff washes off with water, and if you do it right you don't even get any on your hands.
    (That said, it's probably a nice gesture to tell them the stuff is in there.)
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys, everyone has been very helpful.

I think I'll go for the motorcycle formula.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Hi Guys
    What is the difference between ride on and the sealent Lamonster sells as we are going on an upcoming 3 day trip. I would like to know which one would be better to use, Thanks guys
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I must have used motorcycle formula because I’ve never had the ‘wheel hopping’ symptoms bajaron described even after weeks of seating nor the first ride after the injection. It was very short bumpy ride then smooth, always.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post
    Hi Guys
    What is the difference between ride on and the sealent Lamonster sells as we are going on an upcoming 3 day trip. I would like to know which one would be better to use, Thanks guys
    Dave
    What Lamont sells doesn't balance the tire - only seals them.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Have look here: https://www.ride-on.com/us/home

Spyder Garage

IMG_0819.jpg Had about 6 oz of RIDEON in my front Kenda when I had a puncture...It didnt seal by itself, but after I added the mushroom plug from my StopnGo kit it held with no leaks for another 5000 miles or so. I plan to just carry the mushroom plug kit and use Lamonsters centramatic balancers to balance.
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss