Spyder Garage

Default What should I get?

Hey All,

I've wanted a Spyder for a very long time and I would like to buy one here soon but I can't decide on which one.

I really like the F3S SE but the $19k MSRP scares me a little
    I though I was going to get the Ryker Rally yesterday but I was being talked out of it by a friend
    I started looking at used Spyders but I don't know if I want used even though the price is right
    I honestly just want the F3 solely for the cruise control but I can buy a throttle lock for the Ryker
    I'm really torn right now because I really want a Can Am and all this research and flip flopping is making me insane haha
    What should I get?

Spyder Garage

I would test drive them both, I would find a dealer that has both to drive, drive one then the other, and repeat that procedure a second time, then make a decision based upon what the ride says.

There is always reasons why some stuff is more expensive, as they say sometimes you get what you pay for!

Spyder Garage

If you wanna beat around town and bar hop - the Ryker will do nice. If you're looking for longer cruises the F3 might be more appropriate. But what do I know?...I'm riding an RTL...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
    If you wanna beat around town and bar hop - the Ryker will do nice. If you're looking for longer cruises the F3 might be more appropriate. But what do I know?...I'm riding an RTL...
    I'll be making a 4.5hr trip about every other month other than that it'll be a to and from work ride at about 20 miles one way

Spyder Garage

First year for Ryker....um... the long term tester have gone a few hundred miles.
    I don't think so. But for just getting your feet wet? That is the affordable alternativer
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrown View Post
    I'll be making a 4.5hr trip about every other month other than that it'll be a to and from work ride at about 20 miles one way
    The frequent 4.5hr trips indicate to me that the Spyder F3S would be better suited for your type of riding. There's a lot to be said about the power assist steering, carrying capacity, and riding position that the F3S offers over the Ryker... JMO of course.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

You have one of the biggest dealers in the USA right there in Chicago Imotorsports they have a large inventory and I'm sure they have a large used inventory too.

Spyder Garage

My wife just got a Ryker. It's gonna be used for light commuting to work n back, and tooling around on day rides on the weekends. When we wanna go on long rides, we'll double up on the RT. The Ryker is light and sporty, with little to no storage capacity. She hasn't ridden it on a ride over 35 miles yet, so we'll see.....Just got it a few days ago
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Take any opportunity you can to test ride each flavor. You may find that one or another just doesn't work for you (as did the RT in my case) or that one model is an immediate fit (the F3 for me). Let that be your guide as if it's not comfortable, it doesn't matter how much money you saved buying it!
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black