Spyder Garage

Default Bunkhouse camper trailer

Hello, my wife and I are thinking about getting into camping and are looking for a motorcycle camping trailer. I have been doing a lot of research and one I have run across and have read about on this forum is the Bunkhouse. I can find used ones and set up videos but no information other than that. Does anyone no if they have gone out of business? The USA Trailer Store is selling one called a Kwik Kamp II that looks identical to the Bunkhouse but I can't find much on this trailer either. I can find used Bunkhouse trailers but no website.

Also looking at the Aspen that looks very similar to both and I like the looks of the Leesure Lite and the Roll-A-Home.

Unfortunately I don't find anyone in New York State that sells any of these nor am I finding anything used very close to me so I am relying on research and videos to narrow down the search.

Thanks
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

When we were camping we chose an Aspen over the Bunkhouse. They are similar but do have subtle differences. The Aspen has the framework on the inside of the canvas. That means one person can set up the camper. The Bunkhouse has the framework on the outside and it takes two people to set up.

There's probably other subtle differences in storage and other areas. Check them all out to see what works best for you.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    Hello, my wife and I are thinking about getting into camping and are looking for a motorcycle camping trailer. I have been doing a lot of research and one I have run across and have read about on this forum is the Bunkhouse. I can find used ones and set up videos but no information other than that. Does anyone no if they have gone out of business? The USA Trailer Store is selling one called a Kwik Kamp II that looks identical to the Bunkhouse but I can't find much on this trailer either. I can find used Bunkhouse trailers but no website.

Also looking at the Aspen that looks very similar to both and I like the looks of the Leesure Lite and the Roll-A-Home.

Unfortunately I don't find anyone in New York State that sells any of these nor am I finding anything used very close to me so I am relying on research and videos to narrow down the search.

Thanks
    Bunkhouse is out of business. Some used ones available from time to time, but can be anywhere in the country. Someone was selling one on this forum a few months back - they are in Colorado. They are heavy, particularly with accessory rooms added on.

After much research, we ended up buying a new Lees-Ure Lite and we're quite happy with it, but they're not cheap.

What you will end up with depends on how much you're willing to pay, how much weight you are willing to tow, whether or not you need sleeping for two, quality of build and how far you are willing to travel to pick it up or have it shipped. Dealers on these things are few and far between, so you are most likely going to be dealing with either the manufacturer (for new) or previous owners anywhere in the country for used. There is no one clearing house for them. There are some Facebook pages devoted to motorcycle trailering and motorcycle camping you may find useful.

Good luck.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Bunkhouse is out of business. Some used ones available from time to time, but can be anywhere in the country. Someone was selling one on this forum a few months back - they are in Colorado. They are heavy, particularly with accessory rooms added on.

After much research, we ended up buying a new Lees-Ure Lite and we're quite happy with it, but they're not cheap.

What you will end up with depends on how much you're willing to pay, how much weight you are willing to tow, whether or not you need sleeping for two, quality of build and how far you are willing to travel to pick it up or have it shipped. Dealers on these things are few and far between, so you are most likely going to be dealing with either the manufacturer (for new) or previous owners anywhere in the country for used. There is no one clearing house for them. There are some Facebook pages devoted to motorcycle trailering and motorcycle camping you may find useful.

Good luck.
    Thanks Pete. Lees-Ure Lite is at the top of my list. I love the ease of set up and tear down. The bed area seems a little narrow compared the others but I think we could deal with that. Going to end up buying sight unseen and having it delivered so I hope my research pays off.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited