Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJELLIOTTJr View Post
    <snip> Oh btw why is the Ryker called a "RYKER", what is the story behind the name?? ~Andy
    Because TRYKER was stupid?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Let us know how it works for you. It looks to me like it's kind of short. Can you pull 150 lbs? If the handle is only 18" long you have to pull about 150# on the handle to reach 220 lb-ft torque. That's why I suggested in another thread to get the torque multiplier from Northern Tool and use a 1/2" drive torque wrench. Lot less pull required.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2282_200712282
    I'm unsure of the length but it is supposed to torque up to 300lbs.I have no trouble with 110 lug nuts and a shorter 1/2 torque but I guess I will find out. I will post the length when I get it.

Spyder Garage

The torque wrench came today, it's huge 24 1/2 /" and heavy. I have no doubt it will do the job. I t also came with a plastic case. The company I bought the socket from is slow to ship. I want to pull the wheels to clean them and put a protective finish on the wheels. Living 200 ft from the ocean is hard on stuff.

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-01-2022 at 03:41 AM. Reason: This User IS RacingPowerSports! :-/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FBRKR View Post
    Looks good, and even better yet, made in the USA and even a Dynamite added bonus..........Made in Texas.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Furthermore, it looks like it is 1/2 inch drive. It would be more likely for a random tire shop on the road to have 1/2 inch rather than 3/4 inch drive tools.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Yes it's really well made, 1/2"

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    FYI, tried the 2 1/2" SAE today and it fits perfect for $22 at Northern Tool
    I got the 2 1/2 from northern tool. Fits very tight on 2 out of 3 nuts. Had to use a rubber mallet to get it on all the way.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

That would make me think the nuts arent consistent in size. Mine fits perfect on all 3

Spyder Garage

I had a flat tire on the front - the only roblem in the last 6.500 miles !
    I was happy that my neighbor could repair it in 10 minutes ..but - what helps the right tools if you don`t find a new tire ?!?
    Not a good feeling if you are on tour all over europe (what we do) - the only chance is to take one of the small spare-tires of VW or so.. crazy Idea of BRP !!

but the 65mm nut they use is a standard here in Europe - you could Google "Fiat Iveco 65mm Nuss" - or "Ford Transit 65 mm nuss".. most of these dealers should have the tools in stock ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Most any one inch drive socket set will go from about inch and a half up to over 3 inches on the sockets. Any tire place that works on tractor tires or heavy equipment tires should have the 1 inch drive socket set. I bought the set to work on my tractor. Plenty of service trucks that specialize in tractor and heavy equipment tires will have those tools with them on the truck. They are not hard to find nor rare. You just have to look in the right place. You probably will not find them in a tire store that just does little passenger car and pickup tires, but a place that does commercial truck, tractor, and heavy equipment tires would have that. Almost any tractor dealer will have those tools in their shop.

Being prepared and having the correct socket with you is probably the best way to be sure you can get one, but those are common tools used on tractors and heavy equipment. Might be something to remember if you get caught away from home and need one.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I ordered the 2 1/2inch socket from amazon, but I have yet to choose a torque wrench. Two things I am considering. First, the size of the wrench and how I plan to carry it with me on the bike. If not, then having one in my garage to work on the bike is fine. Second, the price. If I am going to put over a hundred bucks in socket and wrench, then why not pay someone else to work on it? Unless I plan to remove the wheel more than once or twice, of course. Things to consider. I plan to have the socket with me in case I have a flat. I will also have a plug kit, in case I can repair the flat myself so as NOT to stay stuck on the side of the road too long. I am not sure if I will purchase a torque wrench, but I am going to start looking at them at flea markets. If I can get a decent deal, I will buy one. If not, I will borrow one from a neighbor when I decide to take the wheels off in my garage. I will need one shortly, as I ordered a new rear fender to install on my Rally. It is a full fender because I do not like the muddy water the rear tire throws up on the back of the seat and legs. These are just my thoughts, and I am not trying to convince anyone of making any decisions. I may change my mind at any given moment, so that is why I read everyone else's opinions and experiences.

Just received my socket delivery today. Wow, didn't realize until I actually held it just how heavy and large it is. Now to find a torque wrench. I have to take off the rear wheel when I replace the Rally fender with the 900 ACE fender that I ordered.