Thread: Ryker Road Show

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Road Show

I has a chance to go to the Ryker Event today in LA. They do a great job of putting everything on display, and have a very sophisticated computer display for customizing your own ride. They also had music and free food. It was nice to see them getting behind the new ride, although the event didn't feel particularly well attended.

They had a local dealer (Del Amo Motorsports) there, but they were saying that they are adding something like a $2,700 ADM (additional dealer margin) to an $8,500 Ryker. My sympathies to any potential new riders who may have been scared off by that number - I doubt that is to be expected at the other local dealers.

The unfortunate part was that the ride itself was very slow (they basically said it was geared for people who have never ridden anything with less than four wheels), so while you can feel what it is like to sit on it and move along at beginner speeds, there was no way to really get a feel for what it would be like to actually ride it in the real world. It felt more like a kiddie ride at Disneyland than anything else, although they did let me and my friend do an extra two laps at closer to moderate speeds.

If you have an event very close by, and not much else to do, it might be worth dropping by, but don't expect anything close to a real test ride.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Free food, music & ride
    Traviling theme park

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox