Spyder Garage

Default Hawaii adventure-NOT

Got up this morning to go to Hawaii with wife for 10 days. Bordered plane and everything happening ahead of schedule. Sat on the tarmac for an hour when it was announced that "we have a problem". After a total of 2 & 1/2 hours on the plane we were deboarded and told it would be a few hours to fix. After another 3 hours they announced that the plane would be fixed in the morning and our departure would happen a 7 AM tomorrow. There were a lot of very unhappy and angry people. I was disappointed but these things happen. Overheard more that a few people really "getting off" on the poor lady at the desk who was only the messenger. I can't believe how rude some people can be. As I was getting off the plane, I told the attendants "thanks for not making me fly on a broken plane". Now, I sit at home and am all packed for the shuttle to pick me up (again) tomorrow AM. A 10 day trip is now a 9 day trip. But the beach will still be there..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I hope it goes better tomorrow

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Yeah, it sometimes amazes me how many of the travelling public just don't understand that the Staff 'just doing their job' may have upset today's plans a little (or even a lottle) but the Staff probably SAVED THEIR LIVE's by doing whatever they did to upset people!!

You'd think the travelling public really shouldn't need to experience taking off in a plane that then proceeds to fall outta the sky in order work out that flying in an unserviceable aircraft isn't fun; and that while it's relatively easy to get up there, there's a few different ways to come down; and if any one of a myriad of things goes wrong or fails while they're up there 'flying' their return to 'Terra Firma' might be a whole lot more TERROR and a helluva lot FIRMER than most living bodies can survive!!

And it doesn't matter much where they might be flying to Hawai'i FROM, but a failure in the aircraft flying them may really put a dampener on their trip!

Better stop now, they're getting worse!

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2019 at 09:55 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

You are a good person Jim, expressing the spirit of aloha. You stay in Hawaii, although shortened, will be richer for it. If this is your first trip there, tell us what island(s) and those of us familiar will help with tips to make it more enjoyable.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

But your right. Sorry it happened but glad your home safe and tomorrow you will fly safely to your 9 day vacation...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    You are a good person Jim, expressing the spirit of aloha. You stay in Hawaii, although shortened, will be richer for it. If this is your first trip there, tell us what island(s) and those of us familiar will help with tips to make it more enjoyable.
    ….. too many people today ….just can't say Thanks for anything …..they are too Entitled ….Glad to hear you took the High road .jmho ….. Mike