With this long winter and slow-to-get-going spring, I'm considering becoming a snowbird for at least part of the winter next year or the year after. Obviously, one thing I will want to do is ride my Spyder while I'm getting thru the winter in a warmer climate.

Now, I have no ties to any particular state or region, so I'm looking for ideas and thoughts about where to spend 2 or 3 winter months that offers a) temps in at least the mid 50's and above, and b) interesting ryding roads with minimal (or at least less than "heavy") traffic.

I live in the northeast US so would prefer a location in the eastern half of the country. Please be as specific as possible with your recommendations. Plus I'd love to hear of any personal experiences you might have about the area!

I'm just starting the process of thinking this thru. If/when I get to specific planning stages, I'll be looking for advice on trailering the Spyder, how to pack and what to bring etc. But let's leave those things for discussion at a later time.

So, does anyone have a recommended locale for me to research?

Thanks!