Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect. With only 10 reviews is it still possible to talk about solace in #?

Deleted

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Are you serious? 10 people who left a review doesn't mean only 10 people downloaded the app. Geez!

And do your research. It is a well known fact in any customer review process that more people who hate a product will post a bad review than those who have no issues with it posting a good review. Most people who get something that works won't take the time to post an "It works" review. They are happy. But someone who can't get it to work correctly will take the opportunity to tell the entire world "It sucks!"

I have an 18 RTL. I have the app. I also have the new Firmware update for my RTL. IF I FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS...ALL OF THEM...CORRECTLY...the BRP Connect app works as advertised.

It's no different than people who buy a TV remote controller with 60 buttons on it, then never take the time to LEARN how to use it correctly. They will complain all day long that "It doesn't work right!". Or that it doesn't do what they THINK it should do, instead of what it is DESIGNED to do.

I cannot believe you think only 10 people downloaded the app. And why would you expect BRP to reimburse them for anything? It a FREE app. If you can't figure out how to make it work, uninstall it and leave the people who can alone.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

I'm waiting until the initial 3000 mile service to get my 2018 RTL's firmware updated. The only issue that I have is that Brpconnect won't start if the phone is at it's lock screen. I've set the phone to auto-disable its lock screen if the Spyder is in range - works well.

Genius maps seems to be OK. Actually, it's thoughtfully laid-out, given the small screen real estate available, and the fact you can't give but a glancing moment's attention to the bike's display cluster anyway when moving.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The previous update allows the Connect app to open without the app itself being open. The newest update adds more to it. It was a disappointment when I first got the bike and I struggled to figure it out. But I worked at it and find it to be much better than the old way. It is a struggle everyone has with any new device to have to learn its quirks and once they do it’s a good thing. One thing I’m always saying, if you’re going to buy new tech, LEARN how to use it.

The only refund I would want to see is if I bought an F3 and bought the Genius Maps and no Cash card like the RT owners got. Along with bringing Sygic into the system and because it’s cheaper give the owner a choice they didn’t have at first. I would demand a refund for Genius because they came out with another GPS app.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    Or...if the owners of -18+ RT are so happy about BRP Connect why don't they say it? (usual " I spent so much money..I have to be happy!"?).
    I cannot believe there are only 10 ppl who downloaded this app, together with paying ones (BTW...ho can you get a reimbursement?).

(easier to look at it directly from an iPhone on App store)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brp-...324975479?mt=8
    I saw the same reviews and it actually made me think long and hard about getting a 2018. There were just such good deals out there I took the plunge. I think a lot of the reviews are older (before updates) and I agree if something works you aren't as likely to rate it as you are if you are mad something doesn't work. I think I have figured out most of the system. Some things just take a while and don't make sense (like not being able to use bluetooth when you are connected through USB or having to unlock phone whenever you restart your bike) but maybe these will be fixed later? It is obvious there are problems, but I think most of it is ignorance, especially with the dealerships. They need to educate the dealers and salesman a lot better. I would have liked to hear something more intelligent than "I don't know, nobody ever asked me that before" when I had a question. I was also mad there wasn't a manual just for the dash, but I suppose it would be useless every time a new update came out.

Spyder Garage

Just took delivery on a 2018 RT Limited Blackout on Thursday...been doing short local rides because it is different than my 2010 (which was a lemon) and looking into the BRP connect...downloaded it and Genius maps to my Samsung Galaxy S4...and after looking around the BRP connect info online, I'm thinking my S4 is not NEW enough to work with the BRP connect....actually I think it's kind of 'funky' that the phone is in the front trunk??? And if my S4 won't work, I'm going to go back to my NUVI for GPS....just have to find a mount for it...so darned much electronic stuff now, USB hookups, Bluetooth etc etc..... makes me think I'm in an alternate universe sometimes...us old timers sometimes have trouble changing....well,I can remember flicking the hook on the wall phone to see if anyone was on the party line....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Upgrading the phone would be cheaper.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah, been looking around the web...I can get a minimalist ram mount for the center of the handlebar and use my existing NUVI mount...just have to run a line for power and put an anti-glare screen on it....looking on Verizon (which I'm locked into) I can upgrade to a Galaxy S10 for $1000.00 or a Galaxy S9 for $700.00 or an S8 for $500.00 and they don't offer anything 'earlier' than a S8.....they have a J3 but I know nothing about that one...
    So, pending trying to make my S4 work, I"m treading water....

Spyder Garage

Gotta be doing something wrong ...going back to the instructions...
    Also checked the list of compatible phones...the Samsung J3/5/7 are compatible and MUCH cheaper if I have to go that route...

Spyder Garage

Keep finding stuff....a Samsung J3 goes for $125.00 prepaid and a prepaid plan for one line is $25.00 ...pretty cheap...if I need it...

Spyder Garage

Great news...BRP connect works with the Samsung Galaxy S4....once I read the sheet I got with the bike and followed the insructions...it didn't pick up Genius Maps but did get Accuweather, which I had already loaded on the phone....so all is well in the Land of Lincoln.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hershey View Post
    Great news...BRP connect works with the Samsung Galaxy S4....once I read the sheet I got with the bike and followed the insructions...it didn't pick up Genius Maps but did get Accuweather, which I had already loaded on the phone....so all is well in the Land of Lincoln.....
    Great news. You might try Sygic GPS and see if that works. Also check vehicle connectivity and make sure the fee is paid. If not, the purchase can be restored. Sygic also has a connectivity fee.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I use a S7, no probs.

Spyder Garage

Ok, Here's a review. I purchased my new 2018 RTL a month ago. I was a little confused about the set up of the BRP connect, but it didn't take long to figure it out. Was I amazed, no, but very pleased with it. Can it be improved. Yes and I think they will be working on that by making more apps available. My biggest disappointment is the updating of the firmware. After the purchase, and playing with all the bells and whistles, I honed in on the BRP connect. The first thing I learned was that the firmware was way out of date. Mine was on version 10 while version 20 is available. I read all the updates and was impressed and couldn't wait to do the update. That is when I learned that only the dealer can do the updates. That is terrible. You see, every time a new app or something great comes out, a ride to the dealer is necessary to do the update. I have a Kia Sedona. When they updated the firmware on the Radio and Navigation, which gave me Android Auto and Apple Carplay, I downloaded the file, put it on an sd card, loaded into the Radio and did the upgrade. Simple, Easy and effective. I thought it would be the same on the Spyder...not so. Therefore I made an appointment with my dealer which took a week. I arrived on schedule to a couple of clowns who said that I will have to come back because they could not do it at this time. After some convincing protests, they agreed to do it. A one hour later I was told something was wrong because the attempt to do the update crashed the BRP connect system. They said they will have to research it and find out why from Can AM and maybe they will have to replace the BRP system. They left me with the original firmware. It still works. This leads me to believe they don't know what they are doing. That is why I am so upset that they didn't make it user friendly. I'm still waiting from the dealer when to bring it back. We are past the second week of waiting. By the way, the dealer is Fort Lauderdale Motorsports. I wrote to Can AM who confirmed receipt of my email and a second email stating they are expediting the situation. That was 4 days ago. So much for that. I do find the BRP system easy to operate once you learn how to use it. It doesn't have a complicated learning curve. I purchased Sygic maps because I currently have Sygic on my Note 9 and am very happy with that. It does not depend on internet service. I did have to purchase the version that displays the maps on Radio devices such as cars and of course our Spyder. I went on a couple of trips and was very happy, except for the fact that you lose your rpm gauge when the maps are displayed. The music system works just as advertised. The weather app is a joke. It tells you if it is raining.,...duh. It will be nice if they put the Radar App on it so I can look to see where it is going to rain....but I'll probably have to update my firmware when that happens....oh well. The Setup menu for the radio and the system is easy to navigate and effective. Overall I will give the system 4 out of 5 stars. Maybe when they give the user the ability to update the firmware and add more useful apps I'll add the one star.

Spyder Garage

I don’t have a 2018 but for the life of me I don’t understand why BRP had to reinvent the wheel when there is Apple CarPlay and android auto that they could have used in their 2018 and up, both have great apps, most of them are free to use
    2015 RT L , Red

Spyder Garage

Ok, so I peeled myself off my post op dog who has been hanging on me, and went out to the garage with my little cellphone..hooked it up and started Connect...I had previously removed Gensys maps and downloaded Sigyic ?sp??? on my phone....looked at the dash and I had three folders....one for music, one for maps and one for Accuweather (which, although I like it and have it on my phone, I didn't expect it to load to Connect).. opened maps and dang, it had GOOGLE maps...I certainly don't want that, nor them knowing where I ride, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to remove the map app and get Sigyic to load to Connect.....too bad there isn't some kind of a manual for Connect because the FAQ doesn't address a LOT of items...

Spyder Garage

I cant review the connect system but I got a 17 leftover rtl because of the 4500$ discount and the fact that it didn't have the connect system.I read on here that there were problems with them that I knew I would not be able to deal with because Im just not that comp savy.Between my phone and my wifes phone and the factory zumo with the senas and the dongal theres a lot of confusion anyway.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

I just ordered the techmount for the spyder so I can keep my Note 9 in front of me instead of in the frunk. I'll be able to use xm radio, weather radar and other apps that will not work through the brp connect system. I will run a usb extension from the frunk to the mount so I will have all options available. Until BRP makes more apps available, I think this is the best route to go.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Just installed the techmount phone holder. Ran a 4ft usb extension from the frunk to the mount. Now I have the best of all worlds. Can listen to xm radio, check out weather with radar. and still have the brp connect for my sygic maps. The only thing is if you go from the brp connect to the phone to change channels or do something else. the brp will disconnect, but when you go back it goes to where you left off. Snaking the wire was a little tricky but not difficult. I came up through one of the empty switch covers next to the fog light switch. I know I will really enjoy this set up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
    I'm waiting until the initial 3000 mile service to get my 2018 RTL's firmware updated. The only issue that I have is that Brpconnect won't start if the phone is at it's lock screen. I've set the phone to auto-disable its lock screen if the Spyder is in range - works well.
    Are you using an iPhone or Android? I like that auto-unlock setting but don't know if it is available on an iPhone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy1 View Post
    Are you using an iPhone or Android? I like that auto-unlock setting but don't know if it is available on an iPhone.
    It's an Android.