Spyder Garage

Default Problem brake light switch

I have a problem with my brake light switch. It gets "stuck" from time to time during parking. That means the brake light is still on. In this way my battery has already been discharged three times. My dealer apparently has no solution. Does anyone have an idea? I always pay attention to the brake light when parking, but now and then I forget it.

Spyder Garage

Why wouldn’t your dealer replace the switch??
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Hello papanorm,
    I don't know. I was not present during the inspection, a forwarding agent transported the F3 to the garage and picked it up again. I haven't talked to the mechanic since.

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did you, by any chance replace the original brake pedal with the longer one? It is much heavier, and despite having the return spring "tightened", I still have to lift up on the brake pedal occasionally to be sure that my brake lights are not on. This also happens while riding! I am working on a solution (thanks to the input of other SpyderLovers) and will update.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Your bike looks identical to mine and yes I have the same problem. I usually just use my toe after a stop and slightly lift up for precautionary reasons on the brake peddle