Spyder Garage

Default Cat Delete opinions

I currently have a 2017 F3-S Daytona. I just had the Stage 2 remap done. I also purchased the RLS Cat Delete with 2 additional baffles. I got alot of info from a guy out in California. I more or less mimic what he did to his bike. I currently am running the stock muffler. I probably will eventually get a aftermarket muffler. Mainly for looks I don't think your gonna get any performance value out of that. At any rate many of Spyders with the Stage 2 remap claim they have alot of rear wheel tire spin. I haven't experienced any tire spin at all. As far as exceleration goes from a slow roll. This thing is Fast, smooth exceleration and hold on tight.From a dead stop no tire spin at all. My concern is am I missing something with some lower end torque. Adding the additional baffles we are trying to mimic the Back Pressure that the Cat has. I guess I'm asking for anyones opinion will I get more torque out of the original Cat over the Cat Delete? I figure before I swap the RLS Cat Delete back to the Cat( Just to test the lower end torque). Someone might already have the answer for me.That way I don't waste my time with the swap. Thanks for your time.
    2017 Daytona F3-S SE6 , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

dont waste your time ride and enjoy ps leave the stock can on your only gonna spend $$

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Pin it from dead stop leaning forward on the seat? It has lots to do with the pavement and oil slick in the center from cars.

Did it spin before the Stage 2?
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

To be honest with you. I never tried it. I was in the break-in period. Now that i have over 700 miles I have been riding alot harder!!

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I've never been a fan of "break in" periods. Ryde it like you stole it from day one. One must go from dead stop to full throttle to spin the tire. Speaking of breakins, my Kumho is now broken in and will spin, but again, it gets determined on pavement type, and oil slick because our rear tire rides on the center of the bike lane in the oil.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

My machine pulls like hell!! It just didn't spin the rear tire when I pegged the throttle. Now I'm also 260lbs so that could come into play too. I was just wondering if putting the original Cat back on would be better for low end Torque. I never tried the original Cat with a Stage 2 Remap. There is probably a trade off with both pipes. I would have to think the Cat Delete likes the mid to upper RPM range. I'm not sure your getting enough back pressure with the RLS Cat Delete with two additional Baffles at lower RPM range.

Spyder Garage

I only have stage 1 and when I was running cat delete with straight shot muffler, I would get a slight slip of the rear tire because the power didn’t come on quick enough. I put the stock muffler on and now I and boil the rear tire off if I wanted to. It also took me 200 or so before it really came alive. If you just reinstalled the ECU give it some time before you think about making any other changes. I like the cat delete with stock muffler. Not to loud but still sounds good when I get on it & doesn’t get annoying on long rides. Just my own opinion.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a plan. i appreciate your feedback.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guhn67 View Post
    My machine pulls like hell!! It just didn't spin the rear tire when I pegged the throttle. Now I'm also 260lbs so that could come into play too. I was just wondering if putting the original Cat back on would be better for low end Torque. I never tried the original Cat with a Stage 2 Remap. There is probably a trade off with both pipes. I would have to think the Cat Delete likes the mid to upper RPM range. I'm not sure your getting enough back pressure with the RLS Cat Delete with two additional Baffles at lower RPM range.
    I would NOT put the cat back on, especially with stage 2. I would also not waste the money on a muffler either (I did & ended up selling it for a fraction of what I paid for it). The RLS with 2 baffles should be plenty (or too much) backpressure for the engine with the stock muffler.
    It really is a sickness!

Spyder Garage

Sounds good. You saved me from wasting my time. I was just looking for a little feedback. Thanks again!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    ...................I like the cat delete with stock muffler. Not to loud but still sounds good when I get on it & doesn’t get annoying on long rides. Just my own opinion.
    From the videos I watched and listened to I like the sound of the RLS cat delete with stock muffler. Pretty sure it sounds even better in person. This will be my plan in the future.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Considering that an ECU flash costs slightly more than the " Cat Delete " and will actually give you about 20 more HP ….. Do the " FLASH " ….. In reality the ONLY thing you get from the DELTE is a different sound ….. NO HP …… Mike

Spyder Garage

I actually already have the RLS Cat Delete with two additional baffles on the bike. As I stated above I was looking for some opinions. Basically whether to leave it on or go back to the Cat. Many of the Spyder owners have the Stage 2 reflash. They say they can burn the rear tire right off there machine. Mine from a standing stop will not. It grabs, pulls hard just like a Rocket. Unbelievable the difference. I was just curious if I should go back to the original cat with the stage 2. One reply was not to especially with having a stage 2 remap. My curiousity was is the cat delete.Is it delivering the needed back pressure for optimal torque. Considering the ECU has a stage 2 remap. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

If it were me, pull the two baffles out of the cat delete pipe. The back pressure from the oem exhaust is adequate. The baffles will help for low rpm stuff but tend to act as a restriction as rpm increases. As rpm increases, naturally more power is generated and the baffles might be limiting the ability to make higher rpm power.

Spyder Garage

If you just had the remap done, give it some time to kick in. They say it can take up to 2 tankfuls of gas. I just had a Stage one and so far am a happy camper. I have a Lamonster Cat delete and stock muffler but ordered an RLS Cat and Crusher. I will get it in about a week.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I wished mine would hook & launch. I did loose a bunch of traction going away from the kenda but I think I would still be able to burn it off with the stage 1 now.
    It really is a sickness!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    I wished mine would hook & launch.
    You can make great strides in getting a lot of that lost traction back by using a Yokohama S-Drive (205/55R15 as they don't make it in a 225/50). It is the same OD/width as the stock tire but has SOOOO much more traction! When I had the Kuhmo it couldn't even hook up in a straight line at anything below 70mph! The Yoko has killer grip. It does break loose and you can boil it off if you really want to but you can get away a lot better with it! ;-)

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic