Thread: Gear lever

Spyder Garage

Default Gear lever

Hi all ref Ryker F/R gear lever . I find it orkward to get my foot behind pedal to move it in reverse, as anyone made , or modified the reach of lever ? I don't think it can be adjust by removing it of spline as it as a flat with a bolt through it so stays in 1 position just a thought regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
    Hi all ref Ryker F/R gear lever . I find it orkward to get my foot behind pedal to move it in reverse, as anyone made , or modified the reach of lever ? I don't think it can be adjust by removing it of spline as it as a flat with a bolt through it so stays in 1 position just a thought regards Nico 75
    I removed mine from the spline and rotated it to the rear a couple notches. That and repeated use makes it doable now.

Spyder Garage

I pull mine into reverse with my hand and then push it into forward with my foot. There is an aftermarket company that is now selling an attachment that has actual finger grooves on the one side for just that reason.

The way I look at it...it's reverse...how often do you really need to use it anyways? and how much of a bother is it to lean forward and pull it back with your hand?

Just my thoughts

Spyder Garage

If I know I'll need reverse whilst pulling in a parking spot, I'll stop & park with handlebar turned to the right for easy access (whilst still seated) to lever, and use HAND to go to reverse for when I come back. Piece of cake.

Spyder Garage

Too fat here, have to put parking brake on and lean pretty far off bike to reach it with my hand. Pretty comical when making a 9 point turn.

Will need to rotate lever closer.

Does anyone know if the aftermarket lever is actually longer, or if its just a grip change?

Spyder Garage

I have difficulty placing in reverse using the toe area of my boot (short legs I guess) however no problems when I use the heel of my boot. Keeps my hand cleaner.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith8695 View Post
    I have difficulty placing in reverse using the toe area of my boot (short legs I guess) however no problems when I use the heel of my boot. Keeps my hand cleaner.
    Yes, I too found that heel works better than toe. But when riding with flip flops, neither works.

Spyder Garage

Markubis - I agree 100% with you!! My wife is 5'2" at 110 lbs. She can put her Ryker in reverse with her foot. Depends on the shoes she has on. I can't do that.

Spyder Garage

I rotated the shifting rod down a couple notches on the spline and it made it easier to reach with my toe. A lot of new Ryker owners try to pull straight back, which doesn't work. It's a rotating down action. If you rotate the lever down a couple notches, it becomes more of a rotating back action.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I pull mine into reverse with my hand and then push it into forward with my foot. There is an aftermarket company that is now selling an attachment that has actual finger grooves on the one side for just that reason.

The way I look at it...it's reverse...how often do you really need to use it anyways? and how much of a bother is it to lean forward and pull it back with your hand?

Just my thoughts
    I totally agree. I do the same.

Spyder Garage

MAuxoad%S9ysh99sZYxHCw.jpg********* has a huge new lever to adapt to your Ryker for easier use.
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommer View Post
    MAuxoad%S9ysh99sZYxHCw.jpg********* has a huge new lever to adapt to your Ryker for easier use.
    A new lever is whats needed, but I’m pretty sure this accessory is simply a handle. Doesn’t address the problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen47 View Post
    Yes, I too found that heel works better than toe. But when riding with flip flops, neither works.
    Riding with Flip Flops.............You are kidding........One would hope.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Someone did a great mod on the FB Ryker forum, her husband welded an extension to the existing shift lever that brings it a few inches closer to the rear of the bike and softens the angle. They posted a video but not from you tube, I took a few still photos in freeze frame. If anyone is interested I’ll try to upload a couple.

Spyder Garage

I repositioned mine back 2 notches, huge difference, very easy to hook your toe for reverse.
    2019 F3S , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Gear lever

Hi bcraig just an update on reverse leaver . I bought a bike gear lever from Amazon £ 10 , cut the end off which toe goes under , drilled hole through gear arm , ordered another gear rubber from dealer , which matches original Ryker one and passed a dome headed bolt through the rubber , locknut on engine side . Now it matches the Ryker one and looks like it's a BRP part AND it works , I can reach it no problem. Regards Nico 75 forgot to say take existing rubber off and put new lever ( must be 11 MM ) on to Brp lever angle how you like , then thighen Allen bolt wish I could pics on but still struggling
    Last edited by Nico75; 07-21-2019 at 07:18 AM. Reason: More infow

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by leenanj; 07-22-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    -Jimmy

2019 Ryker 900
    2018 Honda Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Hi Jerryturner yes that's the one I bought and like I said I cut off the end and drilled hole to take bolt which passes through matching BRp rubber ( dealer ) i think it's worth the effort to do an looks factory regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

I like it a lot. It was annoying to have to keep reaching out to go into reverse. I think it's worth it to do. It was a cheap fix and was easy to do. I didn't drill anything when I did mine but I still it looks good.