Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How fast can it go?

I get this quite a bit. And all I can answer is the truth which is I don't know as I have only been to 101 mph. So what is the top speed? I know some have been there.

Spyder Garage

The most I have ever seen on the speedometer of my RS-S is 120mph, but the speedometers are optimistic so I would assume maybe 115mph.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

95 mph here. But...you can show them the speedometer goes up to 200. You don't have to mention that is correct only when you have it set to KPH.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 200?

A fellow I met said he was coming out of Kansas one night on along down hill and caught the end of a tornado and tried to throttle out of it. He told me when he slowed down in Nebraska his speedo was still welded on 200 mph. Really..........?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    A fellow I met said he was coming out of Kansas one night on along down hill and caught the end of a tornado and tried to throttle out of it. He told me when he slowed down in Nebraska his speedo was still welded on 200 mph. Really..........?
    I think someone's infatuation was influenced by a great deal of intoxication. The day I go 200mph on my F3S..... not happening here.

Call me a weenie - it doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Yes, I love to go fast, but my #1 go-to rule is, "Play it safe."
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know. ..!!

Well not for sure. I've heard 126/128 mph myself right at 120 then ran out of open road. Now I can say I've been there and keep to a more relaxed 85/90. I did see that someone did run his syder at Bonneville salt flats but remember his best run...

My answer is always how fast do you need to go..?
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yup get that a lot, just got to inform them roads army good enough to find out. That sits them up around here anyway.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

104 here

Spyder Garage

You can watch a Youtube video of a speed test run on a banked oval track with professional driver - clocked at 122 mph
    (Jeff Earnhardt at Fontana, CA, 2016):

There's another youtube video of a guy on a German Autobahn hitting 200 kph (120 mph).

All of which just tells me that mine will go a whole lot faster than I really need/want to know.
    Last edited by bushrat; 08-07-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input! Looks like I won't make top speed but now can tell them about 120 and be in the ballpark.

Spyder Garage

The F3 actually has the HP to go faster than that but, BRP limits the throttle to 40% open above 108mph. This artificial limit can be removed by having the ECU reprogrammed.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Just last month I had mine up to 106 and that was while I was pulling my 622 trailer. At the same time, Cruzr Joe passed me while he was pulling his freedom trailer.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Stage two flashing, 118 mph gps verified on my RT

My 2015 RT was part of the testing for the Monster Fuel Injection Flash program and development.
    https://monsterfuelinjection.com/spyder/ http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t-clips-RT-ecu
    This is a dash shot of the amazing transformation of my RT on the Stage One Flash which still has the stock speed limiters. With the stage one flash the Nanny is tamed so it allows more fun factor. Note, in one of my speed runs the Nanny didn't kick in and allowed a huge amount of rear wheel spin. Also note how in all three speed run videos my front end is floating when the tire hooks up. I was part of Stage Two testing which is being released soon. All restrictions will be removed, and my RT hit 118 mph GPS verified. There might have been more available but on an RT the wind resistance is really working against more top speed.
    Here is some facts I learned while at Monster Fuel.
    Stock, the RT throttle butterfly's start to close and reduce acceleration at 92 mph and completely shut down your fun at 105 mph.
    Stock, the F3 throttle butterfly's start to close and reduce acceleration at 105 mph and completely shut down your fun at 118 mph.
    If you get the stage one flash with the 8,600 rev limit you should be up about around 30 hp and a sling shot effect nudges top speed up a little.

As I watched the cool video of the record run at the race track I can tell that is the stock ECU as the acceleration drastically slowed after 110 mph and it crawled up to 122 mph on the finale run with racing fuel and sliding down off a high bank.
    With a Stage Two Race Flash that same bike would have been pulling hard to red line. I've been asked not to reveal the F3 top speed on the race flash but you do the math. red line 9,200 rpm and 5th gear pulls cleanly??

Spyder Garage

I had a cop ask me that at a check point one time. I told him I didn't know, but mine would at least go the speed limit.

Stan
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    The Spyder would not do 200 mph if you dropped it out of a C-130 at 10,000 feet! But it might do 200 kph on the speedo which would be 124 mph. And as mentioned, the speedo is somewhat optimistic at that speed so you're not actually going that fast.

I've had my 2008 GS to 125 mph on the speedo. And that was definitely all there was.

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 200?

I found out why the Spyder Speedo goes to 200! It's not 200 mph, it is to account for 200KPH. When you convert the units on the dashboard to Kilometers you can run at 120 KPH, and as mentioned here 200kph is possible!IMG_2139.jpg
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    My 2015 RT was part of the testing for the Monster Fuel Injection Flash program and development.
    https://monsterfuelinjection.com/spyder/ http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t-clips-RT-ecu
    This is a dash shot of the amazing transformation of my RT on the Stage One Flash which still has the stock speed limiters. With the stage one flash the Nanny is tamed so it allows more fun factor. Note, in one of my speed runs the Nanny didn't kick in and allowed a huge amount of rear wheel spin. Also note how in all three speed run videos my front end is floating when the tire hooks up. I was part of Stage Two testing which is being released soon. All restrictions will be removed, and my RT hit 118 mph GPS verified. There might have been more available but on an RT the wind resistance is really working against more top speed.
    Here is some facts I learned while at Monster Fuel.
    Stock, the RT throttle butterfly's start to close and reduce acceleration at 92 mph and completely shut down your fun at 105 mph.
    Stock, the F3 throttle butterfly's start to close and reduce acceleration at 105 mph and completely shut down your fun at 118 mph.
    If you get the stage one flash with the 8,600 rev limit you should be up about around 30 hp and a sling shot effect nudges top speed up a little.

As I watched the cool video of the record run at the race track I can tell that is the stock ECU as the acceleration drastically slowed after 110 mph and it crawled up to 122 mph on the finale run with racing fuel and sliding down off a high bank.
    With a Stage Two Race Flash that same bike would have been pulling hard to red line. I've been asked not to reveal the F3 top speed on the race flash but you do the math. red line 9,200 rpm and 5th gear pulls cleanly??
    Good break down, I'm convinced everything mentioned above is an accurate assessment as even my 2015 RSS has a wall at 120MPH (Even with Jase's ECU tune) However I can get there a lot faster. As I mentioned to him, I honestly don't go over 100 often but when I do it's to keep up with fellow riders stretching legs on the open roads. Even before my tune I could tell that over 100 there is significantly less pull. Now if the butterfly's are told to close it makes sense. After the tune I've only climbed to 120 once but still felt resistance. I thought it might be the wind, but I'm glad you mentioned this because this appears to be the reality of the wall I've been hitting. Jase told me the speed limiter was gone but it appears the ECU must also tell those butterfly's to flutter off and let the rider dictate. Again this is just a week end sport for me not a commuter. I'd even like to get it to the track for runs. Maybe get it tuned for race fuel.

Good input!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I found out why the Spyder Speedo goes to 200! It's not 200 mph, it is to account for 200KPH. When you convert the units on the dashboard to Kilometers you can run at 120 KPH, and as mentioned here 200kph is possible!IMG_2139.jpg

Was this your RT or F3?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    95 mph here. But...you can show them the speedometer goes up to 200. You don't have to mention that is correct only when you have it set to KPH.
    You have cleared up something that has been bugging me since the day I picked up my F3S and that is the speedo that has 200 on it. I hadn't even thought about the fact that one can toggle from MPH to KPH and that you need that scale if you are travelling at a high rate in KPH. Thanks for the insights.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
    Was this your RT or F3?
    This was the RT but it was KPH!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default How fast will it go?

A Heck of a lot faster than I want to go. Never been a speed happy Dude. Have had my '14 RT up to nearly 90 and that was too fast for my comfort. Be SAFE out there and ride in YOUR comfort zone.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

I don't go any faster than my guardian angel can fly!
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

200?

200.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    I get this quite a bit. And all I can answer is the truth which is I don't know as I have only been to 101 mph. So what is the top speed? I know some have been there.
    I have a 2015 F3's SE6. I've hit 110-112 speedo in 5th gear & ran out of room--traffic problem
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    200?

200.jpg
    Absolutely! 200 KPH, not MPH. Big difference. You can't read the KPH designation (at least I could not). But the giveaway is the temperature in Centigrade not Fahrenheit (the big 'C' is clearly visible). So you're looking at numbers on the metric scale here.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...