Spyder Garage

Default Rear wheel bearings

The F3 has 2 of the 6205 bearings. Are the RT's the same? BRP lists different part numbers but I suspect they are the same.

Spyder Garage

just curious why you would care? do you have a set of F3 bearings laying around and hoping you can use them, or....
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

No...thats not it. My F3 had oem made in china bearings. I replaced them with NTN Bearing 6205ZZC3/EM Single Row Deep Groove Radial Ball Bearing, Electric Motor Quality. This 100% fixed the gear whine type noise that some are complaining about between 40-50mph (70-80kmph). I dont have an RT but have friends who are complaining of the same issue and want to know if they can use the same without taking wheel apart first. It is a more expensive bearing but is US made, quiet running and a lot more quality.

Spyder Garage

All rear wheels 2008 to 2019, models GS, RS, ST, RT, F3 all use the same wheel bearings and seals. Even if BRPs part numbers change over time.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    All rear wheels 2008 to 2019, models GS, RS, ST, RT, F3 all use the same wheel bearings and seals. Even if BRPs part numbers change over time.
    True. Many times the only difference in a BRP part # change is the supplier. I suppose quality might also be a factor. But the point being, the specs. are the same and the parts completely interchangeable. It is a mistake to assume that if the part # changes, the new will not interchange or be a replacement for the old.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

A long time member of spyder ryders KC told me watch the tighting of the axle to tourqe when it comes to tire changes. Safe travels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dcarver View Post
    A long time member of spyder ryders KC told me watch the tighting of the axle to tourqe when it comes to tire changes. Safe travels.
    A little background would be nice. More torque, less torque? My spec is 155 to 177 Lb/Ft of torque. I tend to go on the lower end.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rwill2cruz View Post
    No...thats not it. My F3 had oem made in china bearings. I replaced them with NTN Bearing 6205ZZC3/EM Single Row Deep Groove Radial Ball Bearing, Electric Motor Quality. This 100% fixed the gear whine type noise that some are complaining about between 40-50mph (70-80kmph). I dont have an RT but have friends who are complaining of the same issue and want to know if they can use the same without taking wheel apart first. It is a more expensive bearing but is US made, quiet running and a lot more quality.
    Hey, I looked up that part number, it's a sheilded bearing, and I believe the Spyder uses double sealed. Is that correct?
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Yes. Works great. It is sealed bearing as well but not plastic seal