Thread: FOBO Help

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO Help

I have searched and read the spyderlovers posting on the Fobo system. I replaced the batteries, reinstalled the app (got a you're connected message), rebooted my Samsung 8+. I only installed the rear battery as instructed by the app. And ensured blue tooth was ON. I touched the phone to the device, it chirped but looking at the screen, nothing. I installed the other batteries but now all I get for all three wheels is 'disabled.' I went online and posed the question but got no help. I clicked on 'support' and got an error message from Google saying the link was not available and 'do you own this site' which means....I guess the only guy in Malasia
    quit. I did once talk to the owner of Fobo here in the states but that was a couple of years ago. Can anyone help me? It would be nice but I DO have a nice tire gauge.

Thanks

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I basically had the same thing happen with mine but I have an IPHONE. They are now gathering dust on the workbench

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Have you tried rotating your sensors? Or disabling the one you are having the problem with, then reinstalling it? Or deleting your entire FOBO account, THEN reinstalling everything again? All those things are explained in the User's Manual.

It's an "electronic monitoring system" with "theft protection" incorporated into the sensors. The theft protection is DESIGNED to prevent someone ELSE from removing one of the sensors then reactivating them after they are taken. You...the "original owner" and "creator of the account the sensors are activated for and connected to"...should be the ONLY person who can disable, rotate, etc them once they have been installed on your bike. You MUST have the originally installed software app on your phone that you created an account on in order to do it and "clear the sensor". So, on the premise that maybe your sensor and your app account just got "unsynced" somehow...

Before throwing everything away in frustration, try using the your account app you installed the sensor with to "delete the sensor". That should remove the sensor from your account (it's what you would have to do if you ever wanted to sell the sensors to someone else so they could install them to a new account they created, without it looking like they "stole" the sensors from your bike/account). Then for grins and giggles, try ROTATING one of the OTHER sensors on your bike to the tire the "problem" sensor won't work on. If the rotated sense now works, then reinstall the "deleted" sensor on the now "empty" tire and see if it works there. Just be SURE you are following ALL the instructions in the PROPER ORDER in the user's manual.

I just find it hard to believe that the entire FOBO product isn't capable of "working correctly" anymore. I just bought one and it installed fine on my Spyder, which I assume wouldn't have happened if there were "connection problems" with ALL FOBO products. If I DID just buy a "piece of junk", then I am going to have a serious conversation with the seller I just bought my FOBO from...a "commercial sponsor of this website". Why on Earth would they still be selling a $140 "piece of junk" to members of this website? Why would this website's "powers that be" allow a commercial supplier to do that to this site's members?

Plus, in over 40 years of doing professional IT and Computer Security and Support, I learned that "isolated instances of product malfunction" are usually just that...isolated. If the entire FOBO line was as bad as some people complain about it, the Internet would be FULL of FOBO owners saying "it's junk!" That isn't what I see. I see isolated reports...which is usually associated with improper use of the product itself. Until I see almost EVERYONE who uses a FOBO complaining about it...and not just on THIS forum...the extent of the "product problem" is probably nowhere near what an occasional user complaint reflects about the product.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Rick, your sensors are different than mine so they must have updated them at some point in the last few years.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Rick, your sensors are different than mine so they must have updated them at some point in the last few years.
    Ann,

Might be true. And I'm not dissing anybody who says they have had FOBO problems in the past (or even now). But I have to be honest...a lot of the "advice" I see on this forum in the short time I have been here is just plain inaccurate. It happens in the BRP Connect posts, and another prime example right now is a major fubar about rear tire bearings in a current thread not being made by BRP anymore...for a 4 year old Spyder. Many "experts" are insisting two different things about rear tire bearings, and a new Spyder owner would go crazy (and get scared to death) reading that thread right now.

I bought a $24,000+ Spyder ($29,000+ MSRP before rebate). If I come to a supposedly "reputable" Spyder owners forum, I would HOPE the information I get about products for my investment were reliable and factual. But there seems to be a whole lot of "erroneous information" being passed around on this forum at times.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    I have searched and read the spyderlovers posting on the Fobo system. I replaced the batteries, reinstalled the app (got a you're connected message), rebooted my Samsung 8+. I only installed the rear battery as instructed by the app. And ensured blue tooth was ON. I touched the phone to the device, it chirped but looking at the screen, nothing. I installed the other batteries but now all I get for all three wheels is 'disabled.' I went online and posed the question but got no help. I clicked on 'support' and got an error message from Google saying the link was not available and 'do you own this site' which means....I guess the only guy in Malasia
    quit. I did once talk to the owner of Fobo here in the states but that was a couple of years ago. Can anyone help me? It would be nice but I DO have a nice tire gauge.

Thanks
    Hi ricford,
    I had to email Sameer Thakur who is a Senior Engineer in Malaysia with FOBO to help me reset my account and everything worked after his help.
    His email is: sameer@salutica.com.my
    Phone Numbers: M +6017 811 5851 T +605 320 6946 F +605 322 2029
    He helped me with FOBO2. Hope this helps you.
    Paul

After reading all this false bad review stuff of FOBO, I must say that it is sad to see how so many people are asking a car mechanic about heart surgery. Get informed folks.
    FOBO in my opinion is good stuff and works flawlessly - PERIOD!
    Last edited by MeudtPG; 05-18-2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: FOBO is GOOD STUFF!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Falcon, I couldn’t agree more. I can remember someone bad mouthing FOBO, and sending them back, because they were “rubbish”. It turned out that the user returned them primarily because the company had the hide to ask the user to read their 3 page legal document, and also to supply their email address, at time of install.

This, as most would know, is pretty much the standard these days, for ALL apps, so to publicly tag them as “rubbish”, on a forum, primarily because of a personal preference, was grossly unfair and misleading to potential purchasers. You have to be so careful of forum posts.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

When I got mine I used my old phone then I purchased a pixel 2xl and it would pair with my new phone. Paired with the old one then it worked with my new one. I was told they were having trouble with the new phones. Bought minds 3 or 4 years ago play the US national security
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Funny that Sena doesn't get the bad rap here that FOBO does. Last time I tried to update the firmware on my SMH5's, Sena's drivers wouldn't install on Windows 10 because the drivers were unsigned. I finally found a way to install Sena's unsigned drivers, but that was a major PITA and Sena was no help at all. It's kind of pathetic that Sena was too lazy to sign its drivers so they would work with Windows 10. Now my Senas work just fine, so I'm not really slamming Sena ... but that was sure a lot more trouble than I've had with my FOBOs. But FOBO sure seems to get slammed a lot more often here than Sena.
    2017 RTS , Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I haven’t had any issues with our Sena 20S pairing or programming, they have worked great with our IPhones over the years and I rely on them completely when we travel. The FOBO worked fine on my RT and then they would not pair when I got my F3T, when new batteries didn’t fix the problem I decided that it wasn’t worth the effort to get them to work. If my Sena’s weren’t working it would be worth the effort to fix them. I just decided old school tire gauge is good for me.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO problems

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post

Thanks
    I had a similar problem when I moved the FOBO to another bike. Thought the problem may have been in the settings for my phone.

The way I did was load the FOBO app on a Samsung tablet. Logged into FOBO on the tablet and followed the instructions to set up the sensors. Then logged out on the tablet. Logged in on the phone and everything was working.