You maybe familiar with the problems I had with my -14 RT (a month after the end of the extended warranty) and, even, if the last problem was "nothing" I did not trust it anymore. Wanted a Sturgis R18 or a Hanningan Honda Roadster, so we went to the local dealer: of course nothing to show and the "real biker" attitude brushed my wife and I the wrong way! Passed by the Walmart-motorcycle-shop where my -14 was getting fixed and ended up 5 hours after with a -18RT Limited... I do not even like the color (white) but its new and we decided to change it when the warranty or the credit is up!
300 miles later I am kicking myself to have turned too "local": instant gratification at a good price! The Spyder is a Spyder: greatest 3 cylinders since the big Laverda, perfect gearbox and uber comfy... Who thought of the BRP Connect? I did read everything, watch all the dummies video, downloaded the "apps", paired the bluetooth and plugged the front USB: it is either the FM radio (quality of a 1978 Harley model) or a frozen REVER ! Stopped again on the side of the road..un-plugged everything tried again "connect the phone" message (its done dummy), "loading" the radio for 2 hours to no available. Did that a few time..radio works by itself, if the iphone is not plugged, and no way to use a pre-loaded route in any of the "apps"! I took away Sygis as I already paid for REVER (again..I am so dumb!).
I will install a stand alone Garmin and I'd love to have XM as I had before; so here is my question (please save me the remarks etc on BRP Connect): as anyone installed XM on a -18? How and how does it work? Before spending another $480 I'd like to be informed.
Thanks!