Thread: First Boo Boo

Spyder Garage

Red face First Boo Boo

I just returned to Central Texas from a visit to Nags Head, NC. The trip was a vacation for Liz and I with a lot of focus on enjoying our RTS while exporing the Outer Banks. We trailered the Spyder both directions. Had a great time by the way.

Now for the Boo Boo. I apparently applied too much stress to the rear wheel so the Spyder wouldn't wander during the 1600 mile tow. When I removed it from the trailer I noticed the belt was out of tracking alignment... So, it appears I now have a "learning opportunity". Sure hope it doesn't turn into a major issue and that a little time and effort to reset tension and alignment will cure the issue. Kriket tension gauge arrives tomorrow so the fix is near... I hope.

Oh yeah... the Spyder caused us to slow down, focus on and enjoy the moment. As a result, it became a major source of the best vacation we have had in our 50 years together.
    2014 , yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Curious...🤔

The belts do come off alignment when backing up but move back to normal once you go forward. There should be no change when strapped down when towing. Just ryde it around a bit and see where the belt is... as for tension on a krikit... 160 to 200 best on the lower side but tension should not have changed either...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hope you just had the strap through the rim & not the pulley then it should straighten out. If strap went in pulley then it’s out of whack, if not bent. might need trip to dealer or whoever you could ask to pull rear tire & check it.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Straps were thru the rim only and not the pulley and actually the alignment when backing looked pretty good but after quarter mile forward the gap widened to about 1/4 to 5/16 inches. I did alignment and set tension at 180 this morning... took it for fairly long ride and all is good.
    2014 , yes Pearl White