Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT, Gas Gauge on display - Average miles on a tank of gas?

I recently bought a 2011 RT. My owners manual has a picture of the display with the Gas Gauge and temperature shown on the left and right side of the display. But my RT does not show this on it's display. I tried playing with all the settings available to the display and do not see this option. Is this something available to the 2011 RT models?

Also...
    How many miles are other 2011 RT owners getting on their Spyders before needing to refill the gas?

Thanks.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

You have analog gauges, they can be disconnected and you will then have the digital displays. Very easy to do, remove the 4 screws on the dash then unplug both the temp and gas gauges. That’s all there is to it. You must disconnect both gauges for it to work. The digital gas gauge is much more accurate than the analog one.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info... I figured the Gas Gauge in the display would be more accurate than the little analog one and not knowing how to display that on the Spyder's display was driving me crazy.

Has anyone else done this? If so, has anyone removed the anaolg gauges and replaced that space with something else?

Spyder Garage

I did that on my 2010 but didn't replace the analogs....and when I sent it in for service, the tech reconnected the analog gauges...

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....