Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect - no audio through helmet

Hi everyone,
    I have the latest firmware 20.8 I have my helmet connected to the Spyder and it shows it on the dash but I cannot get any audio through the helmet. I have selected helmets for audio output but still nothing. I had the radio muted and then couldn’t unmute it and got the screen below. I had to switch off the Spyder to get it to go away. (See photo below). Turned back on the radio and put the volume up full but still nothing.
    Can anyone tell me what I’m missing and what I’m doing wrong. I would very much appreciate any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have a choice of FM radio or music from the smartphone. I'm guessing you have the phone connected by both bluetooth and cable? You have a song playing by going to the BRP Connect and then Music then start a song. Make sure the initial volume is up by backing out the BRP Connect and punching the joystick up. When you turn the bike on you should hear FM radio until you choose music from the phone.

Find the 2019 operators manual and you get better instructions http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...4-825d56087126
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Hi Flamewinger, thanks so much for the reply. I am connected to the Spyder through phone Bluetooth and plugged into frunk for BRP Connect. When I plug in the phone in the frunk and switch on the Spyder I wait for a bit to power up my helmet Sena. Then when I power on my Sena I can hear the radio through the Sena on my helmet. When I use BRP connect to switch to Genius maps and start navigating I can barely hear it in my helmet and can’t turn up the volume either by using the volume buttons on my Sena or through the Spyder. I’ve read the instructions online that you gave me the link to but I can’t seem to find anything that helps. My Spyder is a new 2019 RT LTD and I still haven’t received the manuals etc from the dealer who says they didn’t come with the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I know nothing about this d@me dash ,and i own one 2018 RTL .The manual should be in the pocket in the frunk ,that is were mine is.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Hi stmike it should be in the frunk velcroed to the battery box but unfortunately it’s not. Apparently it did not come with the bike so I have to wait to get one from the dealer. Meanwhile I’m using the online manual but to be honest there’s not too much detailed information there either on BRP Connect. Then again maybe it’s me!!!

Spyder Garage

Genus Maps app has it own volume control. So without the phone connected to the Spyder. Make sure the volume slider in the app is set to full.

Before the phone is connected to the Spyder. Make sure the phone volume is set to full.

The dash has a different volume level for each device connected or internal to it. So when the Genius Maps app gives you an audio prompt. Increase the Spyder volume during the prompt. Not easy since gps audio prompts are short.

You do not need to wait to turn on your helmet headset. The BT devices can be turned on in any order and they will work just fine.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Hi bilybovine, I have the phone volume and Genius maps app volume set to max but they don’t operate independant of each other. When I leave the app and turn down the volume on my phone when I go back to the app the volume is turned down also. Still I have left the phone volume at max but when in the Genius app I can’t get the volume any higher either by using the plus button for volume on my helmet or toggling the BRP connect button upwards when I faintly hear the voice prompts. I must be missing something!

Spyder Garage

During the voice prompt. Not before or after. Only during. Increase the Spyder volume by pressing the joystick up.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I’ve done that but still can’t increase the volume in the headset. I’ve waited until the voice prompt starts and during it pressed the joystick up but there’s no increase in volume. There’s nothing on the navigation screen to indicate the volume is going up either when I press the joystick up. All that does is move around in the nav screen. Even pressing the volume controls on the helmet to increase the volume doesn’t work. I wish there was a detailed video tutorial by BRP instead of the general ones they have made.

Spyder Garage

Well now I know what you're doing wrong. After you have the gps app setup and running. Go back to the main screen by pressing the BRP Connect button on the back of the left handlebar control. During a gps voice prompt. Press up on the joystick.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Bilybovine I will try that out tomorrow thank you so much. Where did I miss that bit in the instruction manual - I thought I had read it properly but obviously not. I will post back tomorrow how it goes. Thanks so much again. It’s been driving me nuts trying to figure it out !!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The instruction manual was printed before the latest software update and we'll have to figure out new updates ourselves as BRP doesn't seem to want to send us info on anything new. PS - There is also Sygic GPS which is slightly cheaper and maybe a little easier to use.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silversurfer1 View Post
    Hi stmike it should be in the frunk velcroed to the battery box but unfortunately it’s not. Apparently it did not come with the bike so I have to wait to get one from the dealer. Meanwhile I’m using the online manual but to be honest there’s not too much detailed information there either on BRP Connect. Then again maybe it’s me!!!
    You do not need to wait for a hard copy of the owners manual. The link I am providing will take you to BRP's website where you can download a copy of your owners manual. http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...9-a8da0ecb365b
    In the upper left corner of the webpage is a drop down menu. Choose ROADSTER, then choose the year of your Spyder. The rest should be self explanatory.

Spyder Garage

Many thanks for the very helpful suggestions everyone. I have been using the online manual but unfortunately it really does not give much detail in relation to volume control when you’re in different apps.
    Bilybovine your suggestion I tried and I got the radio and music app to play through my helmet but no sound at all for Genius maps. A few minutes later when i went from music back to radio I lost all sound in my helmet again. Now when i go back to music app I can see the track playing on the screen but there’s no sound. I pressed the BRP connect button again and i can see the helmet icon and soundbar and i can move the volume up and down but no sound in my helmet.
    When in Genius maps I can now see the volume control screen by pressing the BRP Connect button on the back of the left handlebar control and it shows my helmet but i can hear nothing in my helmet. I cant even hear the voice prompt to know when to turn up the volume. I’m beginning to wonder is it an issue with my helmet system - its Sena SRC and my helmet is a Schuberth C3?

Spyder Garage

I'm going to take a potshot at this, as I've just sprung for Genius maps and was testing it today. It worked fine for me, but I did notice that it's only possible to change the geniusmap volume with the joystick during the short time a voice prompt is actually playing. That's nearly impossible to do. However - it's a clue that it's, on an Android, an application volume issue. On Android, in the configuration menu, you can see the individual volume sliders for various sources. If your phone is an Android, look there. It's possible there's a similar facility in IPhones as well.

Spyder Garage

Hi SuperG, as far as I am aware there is nothing that allows you to control the volume of specific apps in the stock OS for iPhone. I’m using an iPhone 8plus.

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone, having gone back out to the RT and started from the beginning again I finally have everything working !!
    Thank you so much to you all for the very helpful suggestions and advice, I would not have sorted it out for myself without all your help.
    I love my RT and can’t wait to enjoy BRP Connect now that I finally have it working and understand it.

Spyder Garage

Way to go! Glad you got it sorted.

Spyder Garage

Hi Silversurfer1, well am in the same boat as you were. So if you could kindly do a step by I would greatly appreciate it. I have spent quite a few hours trying to get sound to my helmet, no dice. 2018 F3L with the 20.8 upgrade. I too have gone through all the advice given, but being a bit of a nantradol I need help.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Silversurfer1, THIS IS WHAT i have found to work for me finally. Let me start by saying I have the Cardo Freedom 2 set up. I turn the key on the trike hit the mode button, let it load what ever. I have and android phone. I turn on the BRP connect app on the phone, select or enter a route, then I plug the frunk cable to the phone, wait for the phone to go dark and launch BRP on the dash. You will now see your route or be able to select BRP maps and select your route. My helmet is paired to the bike also. I now can hear the the GPS and my rider. Hope this helps.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets