Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Gmax OF-77 with sena 20’s

My wife needs a new helmet and wants an open face, shield and sun shade. She has tried on the HJC 33, Bell Mag-9, Gmax OF-77 and a Nolan (can’t remember the Number) Of all the helmets tried on the GMAX OF77 fits the best and is most comfortable. It does fit her perfect. The problem is we have the sena 20’s and the sun visor slider is right in the way no mater where you put the pod. She wears glasses and like the sun visor rather than a clip on’s. She also likes the communicators to. She will not ride if we can’t have communicators on. Is anyone using a GMAX OF-77 helmet and using the senas. Any ideas how to mount the pod beside in the back of the helmet which is very uncomfortable for the collar and neck. I have never ran into this problem before with helmets. Why Gmax did that makes no sense to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

It is probably outside of your question but she might try the Scorpion EXO-CT220. It looks similar to the GMAX. It is an intermediate oval vs. round oval but might also be comfortable. I have one with a Sena 20 installed and the visor slide does not interfere with placement.

YMMV.
    Dave

Spyder Garage

I am fine with other helmet recommendations. Yes you are correct the Gmax is round vs all the others were intermediate oval. I hate guessing but might need to buy from revzolla and return for $8.00 to try a few others. I only have access to those 4 around my area.

Spyder Garage

Hope it works out for you both.

Spyder Garage

Right side???
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Is there a way to mount the sena on the right? That would work perfect but I don’t know of a mount for the right side. Is there a way to mount it on the right anyone know?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mount on the right side, you will need to change the mic from the attached one on the base to the mic that attaches to the inside of the helmet. The mic has a wire that plugs into the base and allows you to place the mic inside the helmet.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 05-16-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

If you have a Cycle Gear store near you, they have a wall full of various brands and styles of helmets and you can try them on without paying $8 to put them back on the shelf. Or there might be MC dealers with helmets for sale. Just saying.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Closest cycle gear store is 2 hours away. Only have 2 motorcycle/ off-road dealers with in hour of me. Tried both. One had the Gmax and Nolan the other had JVC. I have a bell mag 9 already. I took mine to each dealer fo her to compare. Called Cycle gear in Pittsburg and they have “no” open face in stock. I will look at trying to reverse the sena and install it backwards with the non fixed mic but am worried abut hitting the release button and releasing the pod since it is now having the fat end out. Anyone ever try mounting on the right? In theory I guess it would work but wan tot make sure the mic is secure and not just taped in. Tape never holds.

Spyder Garage

On my first SENA I did use little, tiny screws to hold the mike in place.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Look at some of the custom sennas. Shoei and schuberth. They have the switch separate. Might be a possibility.