Thread: usb charger

Spyder Garage

Default usb charger

Hi, I've just bought 2014 st-limited and would like to install a usb charger. My question is how and where to tap in a line for the power I dont want to bring it directly to the battery . I am comfortable tapping a line but dont no how to tap in the fuse box. The ST Limites does not have gauges but is the harness there?. If someone did install a charger and have some pics it will be very helpful

thanks
    Jack

Spyder Garage

I just tapped into one of the ignition on hot wires underneath the console switches
    IMG_2633.jpg
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Check this post for pictures and info.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...&highlight=USB
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I haven't done this on the spyder yet, but on a car I would find an ign or acc fuse, pulling, ben your stranded wire around one leg, and push it back in. If you do this on the vehicle side instead of the battery side your wire will be fused.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    Hi, I've just bought 2014 st-limited and would like to install a usb charger. My question is how and where to tap in a line for the power I dont want to bring it directly to the battery . I am comfortable tapping a line but dont no how to tap in the fuse box. The ST Limites does not have gauges but is the harness there?. If someone did install a charger and have some pics it will be very helpful

thanks
    Jack
    Found a double USB outlet @ AutoZone that replaces one of the switch plates at the top of the center panel. The wires under the plates are hot. power is top right, ground is top left of the three power plugs. I also used one of the sources for driving lights and one for glamour or vanity lights. All switch plugs are used, nice n clean.