All,

Just a quick run down on my Vredestein rear tire installation. Installed a 205/60R15 on the back. Started at 18 PSI, will work the 4 lb. rule. Much smoother than the Kenda. The Kenda I took off required 12 wheel weights, the Vredestein used 3. I like specs, so please don't bash me for posting this. It may be insightful to some other new guy.

Vredestein 205/60R15 Specs as measured by me not installed.
Diameter (Inch) 24.625
Circumference (Inch) (Tape Measure) 77.75
Section width (Inch) 8.8
Tread width (contact patch) (Inch) 6.75
Weight (Lbs ± 1/4 lb) 18.625
Load Rating 91V (1356 lbs) @149 MPH (at max sidewall of 51 PSI)
Tread 2 Ply Steel, 1 Ply Polyester, 1 Ply Polymids
Sidewall 1 Ply Polyester

Kenda 225/50R15 Specs as measured by me not installed.
Diameter (Inch) 24.00
Circumference (Inch) (Tape Measure) 75.25
Section width (Inch) 9
Tread width (contact patch) (Inch) 7.75
Weight (Lbs ± 1/4 lb) 21.25
Load Rating 76H (892lbs) @ 130 MPH (at max sidewall pressure of 30 PSI
Tread 2 Ply Steel, 1 Ply Polyester
Sidewall 1 Ply Polyester

Speedometer error was around 2.8% @ 70 MPH (2 MPH) with the OEM Kenda, the new 60 series Vredestein reduced that by half to about 1.4% @ 70 MPH (1 MPH).

Odometer error was odd. The original Kenda had the odometer mileage showing .3% less than the GPS, but with the new, larger Vredestein the mileage got more off, the odometer showing 1.2% less than the GPS. Funny the odometer being almost spot on while the speed was almost 3% in error before the new tire was installed.

On a side note, there was some concern about ride harshness due to the V (or H) rating making the sidewall stiffer. The Vredestein sidewall was more supple than the Kenda, possibly a function of the 60 series vs the OEM 50 series.

I was very disappointed in the rear tire installation to find that the rear rim and wheel bearings are made in China. The pulley was made in USA though!