Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

H0gr1der:

Yes, I agree and makes sense. I am going to make a separate run from the battery with a fused circuit.

Thank you for your feedback and advise!

Spyder Garage

Looks like the FZ-1 is limited to 10 A per circuit.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Looks like the FZ-1 is limited to 10 A per circuit.
    I hadn't checked it out as I haven't needed additional power yet. I'm sure other brand have higher rated models, and a quick search will turn up one that works. Another thought is that the RTL comes with an optional heated seat (I think?) Where do they tap power for that?
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Greetings all,

I may be picking up a 2018 RTL soon and want to use my GPS on the way back. Is the only 12 V outlet in the frunk? Later I will get a more permanent solution, but on the way back just need a way to plug it. If so, is there an easy way to route the cable to the handlebars? thanks,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ZuluEcho View Post
    Greetings all,

I may be picking up a 2018 RTL soon and want to use my GPS on the way back. Is the only 12 V outlet in the frunk? Later I will get a more permanent solution, but on the way back just need a way to plug it. If so, is there an easy way to route the cable to the handlebars? thanks,
    I may be showing my ignorance, but my 2018 model doesn't have a single dedicated out in the open 12 VDC source. I'm making an assumption here, based on normal power and data protocols. USB is almost always 5 volts, having a 12 volt USB would certainly fry some equipment. So somewhere in the past the Spyder RT lost the 12 volt lighter in the upper trunk compartment and they didn't have the foresight to put another one that I can find. My GPS does charge with USB 5 volt, the power adapter supplied with it breaks the 12 VDC down to a usable 5 VDC. So a long USB cable may get it done. You could route it under the seat and toward the front for a temporary fix, but mounting the GPS could be another problem. The bars don't look like normal motorcycle handlebars, so a typical U bolt mount won't work well. There are many viable solutions, some easy to implement and some difficult.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    After burrowing through many threads after this info, I got a mix of folks saying left side midway down the seat, some said right side. The drawing shows the GPS2 connection as the end of the rear harness, right side. After finishing my GPS install, I thought I'd post a pic showing the connector. . It's on the right side, near the gas tank ground bolt, towards the middle. This picture has my GPS harness attached, the connector is just to the side of the BRP on the visible label.
    Thank you! I was excited to find this photo but I'm afraid I don't quite know where in the photo to look. Hunting for what appeared to be the "gas tank ground bolt" as a landmark but I'm still scratching my head. Pardon my ignorance but can you add a photo with an arrow or some sort of annotation, pretty please?

The source for those connectors was a great bonus. Thanks for your post!!
    --
    David in Wa.
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RTL SE6

"The Ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse."
    2019 RTL , Phoenix Orange Metalic

Spyder Garage

Default Gps mount 011-03386-02

I can not find out what GPS goes on this mount. When I got my new to me 2017 rts I had my 660 from my old Spyder that got totaled so BRP sent the dealer this one and it does not fit my GPS so please some help they installed it already so can't return it. It is a adjustable with power.