Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RTL GPS/Accessory 12 VDC Keyed circuit

After burrowing through many threads after this info, I got a mix of folks saying left side midway down the seat, some said right side. The drawing shows the GPS2 connection as the end of the rear harness, right side. After finishing my GPS install, I thought I'd post a pic showing the connector.2018 RTL GPS_Accy 12 VDC Connection.jpg . It's on the right side, near the gas tank ground bolt, towards the middle. This picture has my GPS harness attached, the connector is just to the side of the BRP on the visible label.

So I'm using an old Zumo 550 until I can afford a new one, all I needed was 12 volts keyed. The BRP plug was a AMP Superseal 1.5. I bought a bag of pigtails here; https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Kit-2-Pin...72.m2749.l2649 . The only problem I had was the black and red were crossed on the pigtail, when plugged in to the Spyder the black was hot. Heat shrink covered that up, so no big deal.

So that's another one for the books. Maybe it'll help someone else at some point in time.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars *Adjustable Driver Backrest *175/55R15 Vredestein Front Tires *205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tire *Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters

States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Hi hOgr1der,
    Did you give up on the BRP connect GPS? I have a 2018 RTL like yours and am using the dash for GPS and have a difficult time keeping it user friendly. It just seems so clunky using through the phone. What was your impression of BRP?
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

Didn't even bother with it. I like a standalone GPS, the Zumo being one of the most rugged I've ever used. Waterproof, too. From what I garner, the BRP Connect relies on your phone to do anything. I'm not really up to speed on what phones do and don't do nowadays, but unless the phone has an actual GPS receiver that talks to the BRP Connect, then if you lose network connectivity you are dead in the water. Some places I go have no network for many many miles.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars *Adjustable Driver Backrest *175/55R15 Vredestein Front Tires *205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tire *Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters

States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I learned many years ago that trying to create a route on a Garmin unit was a very slow process. Using a smartphone was way easier. Making routes on either of the two GPS apps on the phone is much easier and using it in the dash is a breeze.

IF you take the time to learn how to use it.

I mean, compared to the added cost and trouble to install an old Garmin unit, learning to use the new smartphone is a no brainer.

Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 8400 miles so far . . .
    '13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
    '04 GL1800 with 91k miles
    '97 GL1500 with 87k miles
    '95 GL1500 with 102k miles
    '89 GL1500 with 96k miles
    '83 GL1100 with 117k miles
    '81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
    '79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
    GWRRA - 39 yrs - Life Member
    AMA - 39 yrs
    Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?

Spyder Garage

I'm finding Genius maps to be workable on my 2018. If you've ever used Google maps on a smartphone, or Android Auto in your car - it works the same way.