Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Paying It Forward

Subsequent to my wife-induced cleaning the garage, I realized that I was holding on to items that I would probably never use again. That being said, I am offering the following:

1. When I switched to Magic Mirrors, I held on to the parts that I removed to install them. This also includes spares that I had purchased. If you will pay postage, they are yours.

2. When I first purchased my '15 RTL, I thought that it would be a great idea to have a "shelf" in the trunk, so I bought one. Only after receiving it, did I realize that I already had one!
    Again, if you pay postage, it's yours.

On another note, I have installed the longer brake pedal on my RTL and have come to hate it. I am constantly having to lift up on the pedal to make sure that my brake lights are not on.
    The spring had been "tightened" before, but I am now in the same situation. It has become a real PITA! If someone has the original brake pedal (obviously, I threw my original away),
    I would appreciate your willingness to sell it to me.

Thanks for your consideration.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SpyderConvert, I'll take the shelf if still available.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

put an extra spring on the brake pedal shaft (we had to do it) here is a photo of the spring you need

2015-12-27 13.41.07.jpg

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem with my brake pedal, BUT, there is a solution.
    I made a vid on it a while back, which includes the spring that Cruzr Joe is showing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMR5DzgB3wc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    Subsequent to my wife-induced cleaning the garage, I realized that I was holding on to items that I would probably never use again. That being said, I am offering the following:

1. When I switched to Magic Mirrors, I held on to the parts that I removed to install them. This also includes spares that I had purchased. If you will pay postage, they are yours.

2. When I first purchased my '15 RTL, I thought that it would be a great idea to have a "shelf" in the trunk, so I bought one. Only after receiving it, did I realize that I already had one!

On another note, I have installed the longer brake pedal on my RTL and have come to hate it. I am constantly having to lift up on the pedal to make sure that my brake lights are not on.
    The spring had been "tightened" before, but I am now in the same situation. It has become a real PITA! If someone has the original brake pedal (obviously, I threw my original away),

I think I have the original, let me take a look.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post

I have two of the small ones, one used, one new Brake Pedal. If you do not want to add the spring let me know I can give you either one of them if that's what you want. I can probably meet you somewhere and give it to you. Let me know.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

nslowmotion, Great Video. Folks it works and cures the problem.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    SpyderConvert, I'll take the shelf if still available.
    It's yours. I'll get it over to the post office to get an idea on cost.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I have two of the small ones, one used, one new Brake Pedal. If you do not want to add the spring let me know I can give you either one of them if that's what you want. I can probably meet you somewhere and give it to you. Let me know.
    Are you, by any chance, going to Johnstown for Thunder in the Valley? If not, would Emmittsburg, MD be acceptable?? I would love the new one in case the spring doesn't work out. Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all who replied!!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

PM sent
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

The springs and clips for the mirrors are still available.........