Thread: Boston Parking

Spyder Garage

Default Boston Parking

Am going to Boston this weekend and have pretty much given up trying to find a parking garage that will allow bikes.They tell me on the phone that they dont want to be liable if the gate were to come down on me while driving thru.Has anyone ever parked in downtown Boston in a garage before.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry, I can't really help with any parking garages in Boston per se, and I don't really know if our parking garage boom gates in Aus are any different to yours over there, but I fairly frequently use the parking garages whenever I ryde my RT into the city & I haven't ever had any hassles with the gate coming down early or not registering the Spyder so they don't going up when I need them too - they always seem to work just like they do for any sports car?!

Maybe that's been because the RT is fairly large & tall when compared with other bikes, but then I never had any boom gate issues before while riding any of my 2 wheel bikes either?! Do you know of anyone who has had a boom gate issue while ryding a Spyder?? Is it something that's really all that likely to happen?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I doubt there would be a problem but on the phone they say they wont allow it.I wonder what would happen if I just showed up and tried to go thru?
    :

Spyder Garage

I wonder if they are thinking the Spyder is the same as a motorcycle. Did you mention the three wheel set up?
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    Am going to Boston this weekend and have pretty much given up trying to find a parking garage that will allow bikes.They tell me on the phone that they dont want to be liable if the gate were to come down on me while driving thru.Has anyone ever parked in downtown Boston in a garage before.
    There is HUGH underground parking garage near the ( also hugh ) Boston Market which is a " Foodie paradise " ….. The garage is self service ( or was ) …. I didn't have the Spyder, but I'm pretty sure there were Mtc's. down there..... I don't remember the name or exact location, put it shouldn't be to hard to find ( on-line ) ….. use Boston Market as your focal point …...……. Mike ...……. I Googled Boston Market - it is just one of their stores ….. The place is an enormous FOOD court , maybe 40 vendors , can't remember what it was called though ….I found it …" Faneuil Hall Market place ", it's within a short walk from the parking garage …...

Spyder Garage

thanks
    :

Spyder Garage

I am in Boston right now having a great time and was looking for a parking spot and just asked some lot attendant where I could park he looked around and said I could park in his restaurant valet lot for 20$ for all day and we’re right on the water.Thats a good deal but downtown Boston is pretty expensive otherwise
    :