Thread: New Mods

Spyder Garage

Default New Mods

I just received the new BRP custom seat, passenger extension pegs, and BRP saddle bags.

Seat installed, awesome. I sit about 1-2" higher and sitting on a flat surface is much more comfortable. The true test will come on my next long ride.

Passenger extension pegs are on. Wife's VERY pleased (she's 5'10", I'm 6'2") with the positioning and contrary to others who've posted, there's no issue with crowding. I also like the fact that the parking brake isn't easily accessible to passenger error if they happen to slip off the peg; it's well protected.

CAUTION/TIP/PEEVE: So, having a very productive day, and quite pleased with the progress, I started to open the saddle bags and started reviewing the instructions... then the saddle bag kit contains a reinforcement bar for hooking the mounting hardware to... wouldn't be a problem BUT IT'S A REPLACEMENT PART FOR THE REINFORCEMENT BAR THAT COMES WITH THE PASSENGER EXTENSIONS - I GOTTA UNDO HALF THE WORK I DID TO GET THE EXTENSIONS ON AND REPLACE THE BAR!!!!

BRP, YOU OWE ME BIG TIME
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Spyder Garage

Congrats - I could swear someone else said they - you, anyone - would sit a tad LOWER with the BRP comfort seat.

Granted I would assuem it would be higher, but...

Pete

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptoemmes View Post
    Congrats - I could swear someone else said they - you, anyone - would sit a tad LOWER with the BRP comfort seat.

Granted I would assuem it would be higher, but...

Pete
    I read that too, but agree - not sure how. It's the same seat pan with thicker padding "I" sit higher
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm.... I could swear I sit about an inch lower
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My test ride on a spyder with the comfort seat increased the height by about 2" or so.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

Okay, no pics yet, but here's the highlights.

- Love the BRP comfort seat; price is right too.

- Wife loves the passenger peg extensions. A lot more room for her 5'10" stature.

- I'm REALLY digging the BRP saddlebags; I bought the millenium yellow panels to match the So, what do I dig about them?
    1. They match/fit the
    2. They're VERY secure with the provided hardware; very well made
    3. It take seconds to remove the saddlebags
    4. It takes seconds to remove the hardware bracket. I REALLY like this. By removing the bracket you can't tell the is equipped with bags. In a few seconds, with a quarter-turn at each of the three connection points (per side) the support bracket is either on or off the As an engineer, I dig this kind of design

Lastly, though not a mod, having completely removed the rear brake pads, cleaned them up, greased them (back sides - I know some joker will ask if I greased the FRONT of the pads,) and realigned the rear & parking brake mechanisms. NO SQUEALING!
    Last edited by Zerocool; 07-01-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Pics please!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default A few pics...

Spyder Garage

Everything looks great!!! These are the same mods I'm going to try and talk my hubby into. The comfort seat, passenger peg extentions, and the BRP luggage. That will be quite a chunk of change. But I think SO worth it.

Oh, and the BRP sport rack and backrest. Can't forget those either. Glad you have pictures of everything. Showing my H this post will be where I start. I think this set up is the bare minimum for 2 up traveling anywhere. Your recommendations and your wife's as passenger mean a lot!!

Wish me luck!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Looks great!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    Everything looks great!!! These are the same mods I'm going to try and talk my hubby into. The comfort seat, passenger peg extentions, and the BRP luggage. That will be quite a chunk of change. But I think SO worth it.

Oh, and the BRP sport rack and backrest. Can't forget those either. Glad you have pictures of everything. Showing my H this post will be where I start. I think this set up is the bare minimum for 2 up traveling anywhere. Your recommendations and your wife's as passenger mean a lot!!

Wish me luck!!!
    Thank you... and GOOD LUCK ;-)

It is a chunk of change, but considerably less than some of the alternatives, without giving up quality; excellent fit & finish with stylish looks. Aside from some of the directions, BRP hit a homerun here

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Where is the best place to but this new BRP seat and of course best price as well.