Spyder Garage

Default CB and intercom system

I would like to know if the BRP cb/ intercom system is worth the money. Currently using a Cardo Bluetooth but wife doesn’t like it. We came off a 1800 Wing and liked the Honda factory setup.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJoe View Post
    I would like to know if the BRP cb/ intercom system is worth the money. Currently using a Cardo Bluetooth but wife doesn’t like it. We came off a 1800 Wing and liked the Honda factory setup.
    The search function here won't take a two letter word so do a search with Google. Put "CB radio site:spyderlovers.com" (" " not needed) into the search box. Get ready to read until your eyes blur over. You probably don't have a single question that hasn't been nearly beat to death here. In short you'll see many comments saying it's old fashioned and not worth it. On the other hand you'll find quite a few who will strongly defend having one. Read it all and decide for yourself.

Factory CB is available for RT models 2017 & earlier. For 2018 & 2019 you'll have to hang on a handheld or J & M unit.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Simple & quick answer is

NO!

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

What is it about the Cardo system that your wife dislikes? Perhaps there is a better option the will work well for you.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

There's J&M's CB / Intercom, but then there's wires to the helmets to deal with that you don't with Bluetooth. In another thread, someone posted photos of a J&M on their Spyder. I had one on my last bike and it worked very well. Costs much less than BRP's.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

If you don't know, J&M is located in your city, Tucson. Pay them a visit. You have one of the very best communication expert companies right in your own back yard. Let us know what you learn..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can supply you with a CB system that will out perform the CanAm unit and for about 1/4 the cost
    give me a call 209-887-3283
    Ride Save
    Dave
    MotorcycleDave.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another idea is that Motorola makes a bluetooth FRS radio MU350 and you can pair the headsets to them and the only problem is making it handy to push the talk button when you want to talk.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Actually it’s the intercom that’s most important to my wife. I just knew the BRP came with both.

Spyder Garage

Jeez, Thank You, I live here and didn't know that. I'll go visit them sometime.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    If you don't know, J&M is located in your city, Tucson...... Jim
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As you can see, I have a 2002 Gold Wing with a Honda CB. I had a BRP CB on my 2011 and 2014 RT Spyders. Neither BRP CB close to the GW. It is waste of money, try another brand. I still have my GW and it runs like a hose. I did not put a CB on Mr. White. You don't say what year you have but BRP does not make an entertainment harness for the 2018-2019 I am told.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.