Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like they are marking them more in detail now .

Spyder Garage

Here's a photo of the writing on my cable... looks just like cable info... nothing specific to Dyno. Works fine hooking to the Spyder and loading tunes to the ECM. I've not had good luck getting it to work with the software. My computer will see the unit as a drive and allow me to copy files, etc. but the software itself doesn't connect.
    I'd like to see some more tunes, makes some changes, etc.
    Would be nice to see what the ECM changes others are doing via the mail-in ECM places and compare them to what the Powervision does. So far I do notice a good difference... it pulls stronger in all gears.IMG_8380.jpg

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    All Spyders, 2008 to current use the SAME diagnostic connector. ALL.
    This from the 2019 Spyder Dealer Technical update which was included with the 2019 Can Am Spyder F3 Series Repair and Maintenance manual Master Collection which I purchased online.

"Diagnostic connector

The Pin 4 will be moved to Pin 6
    Available current at Key ON (12V)

Standardization across BRP products"

Not sure if this could be causing problems for some with the cables from Dynojet, but figured it would not hurt to put it out there.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

That's exactly what the problem was.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2014. Got the wrong cable 3 times.

Spyder Garage

I received the wrong one the first time also but DynoJet was quick to fix the problem when they realized BRP had switched the power pin location from 4th position to the 6th. 2019 F3L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    I received the wrong one the first time also but DynoJet was quick to fix the problem when they realized BRP had switched the power pin location from 4th position to the 6th. 2019 F3L
    So how do you like the Dynojet Powervision map compared to the stock map? Is there any major difference for your 2019 3L. I have used Powervisions on Harleys, and Indians with great results, but there is not much information here on the forum or elsewhere from people whom have used them on the Spyders. I'm especially interested in knowing if the Dynojet map has changed the throttle by wire settings for a quicker throttle response.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rdkarl View Post
    So how do you like the Dynojet Powervision map compared to the stock map? Is there any major difference for your 2019 3L. I have used Powervisions on Harleys, and Indians with great results, but there is not much information here on the forum or elsewhere from people whom have used them on the Spyders. I'm especially interested in knowing if the Dynojet map has changed the throttle by wire settings for a quicker throttle response.
    I feel that my throttle is much more responsive than before and it pulls harder through the higher gears. I don't have any track times or any dyno readouts to corroborate that feeling, but I'm happy with my new perceived power.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They do change the TBW settings along with a few others.

Spyder Garage

The bike seems to run better, throttle response doesn't have any low-speed stutter, smooth throughout the RPM range, pulls hard all the way too 110 MPH. I've only got about 200 miles on the tune so it should get better. Don't know if the throttle is quicker it just feels more linear.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all of the replies on the Powervision tune performance. Ride safe.

Spyder Garage

So I took the plunge, and bought the Powervision tuner for my 2019 F3 Limited. I'm running the Akrapovic exhaust with the RLS cat delete, no added baffle, and the Spyder is running very well. Throttle response is much better than stock, and it runs smooth and pulls well throughout the rpm range. I had tried the cat delete with the added baffle, and I felt that the overall performance was not as good as running the cat delete without the baffle. Luckily, Ricky is building his cat delete with a removable substrate baffle on the inlet side of the pipe, and it is very easy to remove. It is a tad louder without the baffle, but not by much.

Spyder Garage

Did they send you the right cable the first time? LOL. Glad you like it. I've put about 1000km on my machine with the new tune and I really like it still. No adverse effects, and it pulls a lot harder than stock in my opinion, I find myself going way too fast way easier then before.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah really did they get the cables right finally

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Yeah really did they get the cables right finally
    Yes, they include a jumper cable with the original cable. I had to use the jumper for my 2019. The Powervision also had the correct .stk and .djt files for my bike, I did not have to remove and send in the ecu.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rdkarl View Post
    Yes, they include a jumper cable with the original cable. I had to use the jumper for my 2019. The Powervision also had the correct .stk and .djt files for my bike, I did not have to remove and send in the ecu.
    They should have it right finally. All us test dummies sent in the ECM and Contacted them about the cables not working.

Glad it worked out for you!

Spyder Garage

I've been watching this thread with great interest, as I have had both ECU flash (Yamaha FZ09) and PV tune (H-D) from the same shop, FuelMoto in Appleton, WI. Gonna go the PV3 route on my F3-S as I don't want changes to the ECU itself. Gonna have Jamie at FuelMoto do the tweaking, as nobody does it better. Leaning toward keeping the stock muffler with a cat delete. Hell, just might keep stock exhaust. We shall see....
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He does Spyders or is he just using one of the uploaded tunes? I thought he only did Harley for tunes but he did sell the tuners too.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 F3T. The Power Vision3 that I got today has the power pin in position 4 for the OLD Spyder's. But mine takes the power pin in position 6 . So on the phone for an hour with the Vegas office tech guys. Fed X back to them at some point. They had me try to start the unit with a 9 volt and paper clips. That didn't work either.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    I have a 2017 F3T. The Power Vision3 that I got today has the power pin in position 6 for the new Spyder's. But mine takes the power pin in position 4 . So on the phone for an hour with the Vegas office tech guys. Fed X back to them at some point. They had me try to start the unit with a 9 volt and paper clips. That didn't work either.

T.P.
    That's weird, here's the set up that they sent to me last month. The black cable by itself wouldn't work on my 2019 Limited, so I assume it is for the older bikes. When I included the jumper cable in the connection to the Spyder, everything worked without a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    He does Spyders or is he just using one of the uploaded tunes? I thought he only did Harley for tunes but he did sell the tuners too.
    His bread/butter these days are H-D's, but the Indian market is growing fast. He actually worked with DynoJet to co-develope the original Power Vision. He also owns a couple sports bikes and has developed multiple ECU flashes. As far as the Spyder, I believe he'll set it up, ride it and do some tweaking. He doesn't have a Spyder capable dyno..
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

This is a picture of the cable and plug on my 2017 F3T , The circled ports are the locations of the wires on the back end of the plug.
    the non circled port is pin location #4 and that has a white plastic plug.IMG_1692.jpg

My Power Vision 3 cable has the power pin in location 4

T.P.

Spyder Garage

PV3 got ups'd back to Vegas today looks like I have two problems with my unit. a PITA!

T.P.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did they tell what they were?

Spyder Garage

Well that took 2 weeks to get my Power Vision 3 (PV3-25-05) back from Dyno Jet in Vegas.
    the new cable P/N 76950961 REV 01 is for you if your plug is the same as my plug in post #47 above.
    with the above plug the cable that came with the unit wont work ever.
    If you have an NEWER Spyder with the power pin in location #6 the not circled port, the supplied cable will work.

Hope this HELPs! T.P.