Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default DynoJet PowerVision Help

Hey Folks,
    I recently got a DynoJet Power Vision model PV3-25-05 for my 2015 Spyder F3-S. Now that I've gotten some good weather I figured it was time to try the tunes. I am able to connect the DynoJet unit to my laptop and it turns on and appears to have tunes preloaded, however when I go to connect it to the data port on my Spyder it (power vision) won't boot up. I've tried connecting the unit to just the Spyder by itself and to the Spyder and my Laptop at the same time and it won't do anything. I've also tried it with the Spyder running and not running but just the ignition key on. Anyone have some suggestions or know of something I may have overlooked when trying to hook it up?
    Thanks in advance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep they sent your the wrong cable for one. Next you most likely will have to send in your ECU .. But wait for the correct cable.

Contact Dyno jet for a new cable. Took them 3 times to get me the right one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Yep they sent your the wrong cable for one. Next you most likely will have to send in your ECU .. But wait for the correct cable.

Contact Dyno jet for a new cable. Took them 3 times to get me the right one.
    I might have to send in my ECU? I mean one of the biggest reasons I picked the dynojet option over Monster Fuel refloash was not having to remove and ship the ECU...

Spyder Garage

This is why I went with Monster...heard too many bad things about DynoJet. Sorry you are having problems. How’s the windshield working?
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not a bad thing. Get the new cable and see if it will open the tune. If not yes the ecu will have to be removed. They do not open it up. It only takes 10 minutes to remove on my rt. Have them get you a ship label if you go that far and they overnight it back to you. There has been other threads on this topic. Good luck. With monster if something goes wrong you have to send it back everytime. Dynojet tune can be returned to stock.

Spyder Garage

I had to send my ECU in as well. Its painless. They sent a call tag from Fedex to them and shipped back overnight. The whole process took 3 days. Once I got it back it took them a day or two to load the map onto there serve, but I was able to load the file to the bike immediately. Once its on there server you can go into the software and look at all the settings. The nice thing about the Dynojet is you can actually see whats going on and how it effects the bike. Very cool
    2020 Ryker Rally , Black/High Viz

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    This is why I went with Monster...heard too many bad things about DynoJet. Sorry you are having problems. How’s the windshield working?
    Windshield is great! Now I just need more power

Spyder Garage

So I've been emailing with DynoJet and they requested pictures of the supplied cable. They have said I was supplied with the correct cable but that they will send a new one just to be sure that I didn't get a faulty one. I'll update once I get the replacement cable and hopefully that is the issue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got the same excuse. Send pictures on the bike pinout and the one you got in the box.

Spyder Garage

This is why I went with Monster...heard too many bad things about DynoJet. Sorry you are having problems.
    Very happy with my Monster FI flash of the ECU. Works great.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why is monster mentioned on a dynojet topic?

Spyder Garage

Because it’s Wednesday & I’m having pork chops for dinner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovOpRatoR View Post
    I might have to send in my ECU? I mean one of the biggest reasons I picked the dynojet option over Monster Fuel refloash was not having to remove and ship the ECU...
    Exercise caution if you are modifying the map--especially the timing.. They should have several ecu maps already tested to choose from. Good Luck
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's makes sense

Spyder Garage

Sorry I expanded to topic to include ECU flashes. I'm not computer savy enough to reprogram the ECU as I can bearly use my phones capabilities. The plug and play Monster flash was installed in literally minutes and again--- I'm happy with it.

I didn't mean to step on anybodies toes. 50 Lashes with a wet noodle

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I started it, sorry. I’ll take 100 lashes...don’t threaten me with a good time!
    It really is a sickness!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its all good just playing with Y-ALL

Spyder Garage

Mine has worked just fine. You won't have to send in your ECU as they have tunes for your F3 readily available. They just want to make sure you have the stock tunes available so you can easily go back to them whenever you want. I'm still having some problems with my computer recognizing the unit from within their software, but the Spyder had zero problems recognizing it.
    These units cannot read from the ECU, only write to it. This is why they've had to have some sent in so they can get a proper read for the various models and years.
    Still waiting for some more tunes to come out, but their enhanced tune does give a noticeable difference in performance. Went for a ride and switched between the two - which takes about 5 minutes - and you can tell the difference. Whether or not it's equal to what Monster is doing I can't say... but Monster isn't doing anything that can't be done with one of these.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Sorry for all the issues you guys have been having. It appears that some models may use different cables and we are trying to get a handle on this. For all those that have had success using the Power Vision could you please post up what part number is on the white sticker on the cable? Or a pic of the connector. Thanks for your help and we will get those that are in limbo taken care of ASAP.

Spyder Garage

Update: got the right cable after the first replacement one got lost in the postal system. I was able to connect my unit to the diagnostic port and it powered right up. There is a noticeable difference with the new tune loaded on. I don't have any numbers but my butt and right wrist say that the throttle is more responsive and there's more power, how much or how it compares to monster or others is unknown to me. Overall I'm happy, and I hope Dynojet can sort their cable supply situation out, and I will mention that their support staff was knowledgeable and easy to deal with.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynojetResearch View Post
    Sorry for all the issues you guys have been having. It appears that some models may use different cables and we are trying to get a handle on this. For all those that have had success using the Power Vision could you please post up what part number is on the white sticker on the cable? Or a pic of the connector. Thanks for your help and we will get those that are in limbo taken care of ASAP.
    Here is the cable I have. It worked out of the box but the ECU needed to go in. Its for a 2017 F3s Daytona SM6
    20190610_153556.jpg
    2020 Ryker Rally , Black/High Viz

Spyder Garage

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynojetResearch View Post
    All Spyders, 2008 to current use the SAME diagnostic connector. ALL.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think some ATV cables are mixed with the spyder cables?

Spyder Garage

Here's a pic of my replacement cable. Honestly, to my untrained eye it looks pretty well identical to the one that originally shipped with my unit, but regardless DynoJet made it right and this newcable works like a hot damn.
    Attached Images Attached Images