Spyder Garage

Default Removing body panels? Be careful....

So you want to see what's under those panels? I know I do. BUT before you start removing stuff and get heavy handed because something does not want to come loose, check out this place and see how much it will cost you if you break something:

https://www.canampartshouse.com/

For example: those little silver trim panels on a Rally (down behind the wheels and attached to the 'rocker panels') are $139.00 each. The screws to attach them are $3.95 each. Etc.

There may be less expensive options; if you know of one, please let me know (I don't PLAN on breaking anything but I've already had a go-around the the silver panel on the hood....)
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Anytime I am looking to purchase OEM parts I look up the part number then put the part number in a Google search. That will show you the available options. Don’t forget to ask your dealer for a price as many will give you a discount off retail.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

That is exactly how I found canampartshouse.com. Also a good thing to ask dealer for a discount, many will give veteran's 10-15%.

Spyder Garage

I've removed the silver panels from my Rally and painted them an amazing Hi-Viz Yellow (Plasti Dip calls it Blaze). But I can't get the front lower panel, called a skid plate I guess, off. There are two screws visible, one on each outboard end but nothing else that I can see. OK, parts diagram shows two 'flat clips', not sure how to get them loose. Anyone have theirs apart? The trim piece (skid plate?) has to come off to get the nose off.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2019 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Painted not pained! ;-)

Spyder Garage

OK, I answered my own question. The whole 'nose' has to come off in order to get the silver trim piece off (four clips and two screws). But most folks will never need to remove the silver trim, I only did it to paint it. There are two screws back under the nose that release it. AND I found the skid plate. It is there, under the engine but I wouldn't trust it to protect the engine from a big rock, just little ones!