Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Noisy front suspension

When the machine is rocked from left to right the suspension has a noticeable noise. Has any one else heard this and have a fix?
    It sounds the same as bad upper A frame bushings in a vehicle.

Since all I do is complain about the spyder here, I thought it was also time to commend the people who designed this machine. It has brought back fun and excitement in our marriage and we can't wait until our next outing.

Thanks BRP !!!

Spyder Garage

What kind of noise? If it is a knocking or clunking sound, you probably are not only right, but on the verge of major damage. There have been some reports of worn out shock bushings. Other front end problems have been reported, too. If the A-frames havend been properly lubed, those bushings could be gone. Sounds like time for either the dealer or you to tear into it to see what is going on, before the tires wear out or serious problems arise.
    -Scotty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The noise I am hearing is a creeking noise like a door opening. The machine only has 400 miles on it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Teaburd View Post
    When the machine is rocked from left to right the suspension has a noticeable noise. Has any one else heard this and have a fix?
    It sounds the same as bad upper A frame bushings in a vehicle.

Since all I do is complain about the spyder here, I thought it was also time to commend the people who designed this machine. It has brought back fun and excitement in our marriage and we can't wait until our next outing.

Thanks BRP !!!
    I had the same noise,I pinpointed it down to the sway bar hitting the A-frame. I have the Evoluzione sway bar and something apparently came loose. Tightened up all the bolts and the noise went away. It was a distinct CLICK as you rocked back and forth-- kind of plastic sounding.

You could also have a shock problem - or maybe the dealer didn't prep the bike well and something came loose - better get it in to the dealer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Had the same problem and noise. Dealer ended up replaceing the shock.

Spyder Garage

Default Noisy front end

I've had the same problem. It is a creaking noise when you rock the bike side to side. My dealer says he has taken a look at it and creased all the fittings but it still does it. Maybe it's the shock but he seems to think it may be the spring itself. Any suggestiolns?

Juice
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

I checked mine last night and it to sqeaks when you rock it back and forth.. Its going to the shop for a oil change on Friday and I am going to mention that to them... what the heck!! I didn't look at it that hard but it appears that it is somewhere near the upper mounting bracket/hardware where the shocks bolt on..

Joe

Spyder Garage

I fixed mine by disconnecting the swaybar at each end and greasing the joint that it connects to on the bottom of the swingarm.

Spyder Garage

I fixed mine by disconnecting the swaybar at each end and greasing the joint that it connects to on the bottom of the swingarm.

This is a PERFECT fix.. Lets call these two little plastic pieces a DOG BONE because thats what they look like. How can you put PLASTIC on a bushing with NO GREASE and expect it no to make noise...

Teaburd: I am sure this is what you are hearing,, this is a 15 minute fix that will stop the noise.. I just did mine and what a difference... Give it a shot and if you need more info let us know but again, this is the problem.

Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpyder View Post
    You could probably spray some wd40 in there without disassembling anything.

Spyder Garage

The problem I had (and I believe the original poster had too) was not a simple 'creeking' or 'squeaking' - it is a very pronounced 'CLICK' - with a bit of a plastic sound to it. It's the sway bar coming up too far and hitting the a-frame or the trunk and causing the trunk to flex and make a plastic sound because something is loose -

Check all the bolts that pertain to the sway bar - I tightened all of them and it the problem is gone. I believe it was some of the ones right near the trunk - not the ones on the 'dog bones'.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey, does it sound like this....about 20 seconds into the video.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4212570.html
    Last edited by spyryder; 06-30-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

No mine didn't anyway, not sure how the original post was but I just beleive that is the shocks going in and out on that clip.. Mine was a sqeaking noise...

It's the sway bar coming up too far and hitting the a-frame or the trunk and causing the trunk to flex and make a plastic sound because something is loose

I should have done that while I was underneath the spyder, I will get to that tomorrow just to make sure they are all tight.. Thanks for the heads up.

Joe